2200 turbo output - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 turbo output
Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:04 PM
hey just wanted to know what i should see as far as gains go with a garret t28bb turbo 10psi with stock motor and a 3 inch dual exhaust?

Re: 2200 turbo output
Sunday, December 18, 2005 3:09 PM
Hard to say, ive never seen someone dyno that small of a turbo, maybe someone else has and can give more input, what are you using for your fuel set up? Will you be using after market ignition to retard the timing? Intercooler or no? Whats your altitude where you live? Theres so many factors its hard to take a random guess. From what ive heard bigger exhaust isnt always better, a lot of guys suggest just 2 and a half inch, due to the massive debate on backpressure, but thats just one side of the argument. Anywho, point is, you arnt going to be seeing 10 PSI without more mods, if thats ALL you intend on doing, you should at the very least get your fuel system set up. Timing can probably wait, but you dont want to detonate. But then again this all ties into the output of the turbo, being thats its so small, you might hit 10 PSI, i really dont know. Lets see what others have to say, im sure there has to be someone at the very least using a T25bb.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:18 PM
sorry about the lack of info i will be using a intercooler im having a hard time find any ignition products besides msd 6a which is what id use but i cant find a high output coil and such. ill of course be jumping up my fuel pump and injectors i will have head work and a 62 mm throttle body hopefully maybe a 57mm doubtful. i will consider a dual 2.5 in exhaust custom of course high flow cats and a custom header anything else you folks can recommend would help i havent figured on any serious internal work maybe lowering the compression and and little things here and there but no major over haul i have 75k on the motor oh somebody told me to plug the lines going to the trans for coolant and run its own trans cooler along with an oil cooler which would help cut down on some under the hood heat so let figure on that as well cant think of anything else sorry......i never really thought of the t25 being all that small but i suppose it is considering it spools pretty fast...anymore input would help!!!
Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:23 PM
howell automotive sells msd coils for the 2200. I personally would get a msd dis 2 for your ignition. A t28bb will hit 10 psi, butt the turbo is going to run really hot. I'ts a bit small for a 2200.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:36 PM
I'm going to get flamed for telling you my numbers out of my 2200...
Check out my car domain link at the bottom of my post...... it has WHP & WTQ numbers. from a dyno............ as well as what is done to the motor and fuel system.......

I have MANY bolt ons besides the turbo set up to hit the WHP numbers I achieved.

Let me know what you think......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:50 PM
Jon glad to have you on the 2200 bandwagon but I'm asuming that you are relitivly new to the J crowd.....If yo do have a 2200 you have a distributor less igntion system and you would have to use an msd Did-2 or Dis 2 digital. Fill out the rest of you info on your car so we can help you better. i would suggest looking into all your options first and spending lots of time doing the reasearch needed to ensure you get what you are looking for. Hope this helps and if I came across as an ass Bite Me!.....

lol I'm just dead tired and dont feel like going over everything... but others as well as myself will be more than willing to help you out.

Jeff

Sunday, December 18, 2005 6:56 PM
thanks for writing back alot of forums blow people off..sorry just wanted thank you all ahead of time actually im impressed by the numbers your car produces i would like to hit maybe 250 and i would die a happy man id love to know how you got to the point your at and i can go from there like what turbo set up etc.,etc...i havent really done much research on the t25bb theres two manifolds i know of for turbo kits one holds t3-t4 and the other holds the t20-t28rs my only concern is im running a 3 spd auto trans 5 spd wasnt an option at the time so im trying to make up for that now by boosting of course i figured the t28bb would spool fast from low speeds thus making up for such slow reaction from my auto trans if anybody has another idea for getting around this im game..im unable to drive 5 speed due to a left leg injury the constant movement would cause some discomfort well gonna run thanks for the input
Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:11 PM
Well if you do some more research on the 3 spd you will find alot of cool tricks for it and more can be done to it than you think. When I was looking at going turbo I planed on using the t28dbb turbo but I'm a puss and decided to go all motor and more nitrous so...yea keep us updated and just ask more questions if needed.

Later

Jeff

Sunday, December 18, 2005 7:48 PM
thanks for all the help i think im going to look into things a bit do the proper research but i think for now im going to get working on the 3 spd trans see if i cant improve that a bit get some motor mounts and get that head ported along with msd see if i cant atleast wake the motor up a bit until i piece my turbo setup the way id like

thanks your all decent people thanks for your input ..ill be around
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:45 AM
Sounds likea a plan the biggest set back for the 2200 is the head a good port and polish will free up some hp for ya as well as help get the most out of your mods. If you go to the trans forum you should do a search on Event at the topic creator and i'm sure you will eventually find his 3 spd build up.

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:38 PM
Personally I find that turbo to be very unefficient for your motor. Heat soak is a pain. Some of the Garrett T3's like the 48 trim we used on our turbo honda sedan (Garrett GT1752 T3, .54/.48) have a higher nickel content so they dissapate heat much easier.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search