can i run 5 psi on the stock injectors - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can i run 5 psi on the stock injectors
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:18 PM
im getting my turbo installed this week but the injectors havent arrived yet.. they should be here in the next week but i was wondering if i could run 5 psi on the stock injectors.. i probably wont even try to push the car til i have the injectors.. should i wait or will be be safe to run 5 psi on the stock injectors tili get the green tops in the mail

here comes the boost!

Re: can i run 5 psi on the stock injectors
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:30 PM
I certainly wouldn't do it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:35 PM
Shifted wrote:I certainly wouldn't do it.

Yeah man...just wait.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, December 19, 2005 4:48 AM
Its really quite simple to keep your engine from see-ing boost. If you have to have your install in and dont wanna break plans etc; then do it..But IF you can wait then wait....I ran my car for almost 4 months with it turboed and un-tuned...I was easily able to keep it out of boost..just dont get on it and drive it like a grandma and you should have no problems.
Monday, December 19, 2005 5:08 AM
Deekster Jones wrote:Its really quite simple to keep your engine from see-ing boost. If you have to have your install in and dont wanna break plans etc; then do it..But IF you can wait then wait....I ran my car for almost 4 months with it turboed and un-tuned...I was easily able to keep it out of boost..just dont get on it and drive it like a grandma and you should have no problems.

Having a brand new turbo setup installed and not being able to get on it must be the hardest thing ever lol

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, December 19, 2005 6:51 AM
NJHK (That Black Guy) wrote:
Deekster Jones wrote:Its really quite simple to keep your engine from see-ing boost. If you have to have your install in and dont wanna break plans etc; then do it..But IF you can wait then wait....I ran my car for almost 4 months with it turboed and un-tuned...I was easily able to keep it out of boost..just dont get on it and drive it like a grandma and you should have no problems.

Having a brand new turbo setup installed and not being able to get on it must be the hardest thing ever lol

Wouldn't know ........ I WAITED got in it for the first time and JUST HAMMERED IT AS HARD AND AS FAST AS I COULD hahahah ....... I didn't bring it to redline because I was so scared about the power in the first place..............

as far as 5 psi on STOCK injectors.......................HELL NO
especially if your NOT intercooled OUCH........

but you CAN keep it out of boost..... I had to drive mine from the exhaust shop (Custom downpipe) back to the tuning shop out of boost..... I brought it to 0 or like 1 in/hg.................and I could still hear the BOV and stuff..... so I was SOOOOOO Excited the next afternoon when I went to pick the car up officially..... it was @!#$ AMAZING ............

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, December 19, 2005 12:20 PM
Meh, i ran 5 on stock for awhile, with and FMU of course, i wouldnt recommend it, less chance of running lean is always better, but i didnt break anything. A good tune will do wonders, just get those injectors in and you'll be happy, somehow i think you can make it a week.

Monday, December 19, 2005 3:35 PM
i run a s/c'd 5psi on stock injectors (fmu/ walbro pump).

but turbo'd i would just wait .

Monday, December 19, 2005 3:49 PM
ive done it AFRs were not pretty

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, December 19, 2005 10:41 PM
yea. I'd definitely wait.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:09 AM
haha, you guys act like stock ones are such a bad thing . Ive seen Ryan (cavattack) hit 10psi in his 2200 turbo with walbro inlet and an inline pump and it runs great! Fuel pressure is a bit high but in no way at risk.

funny thing about JBO is that one person says you cant do something and everyone takes that info into other threads untill it becomes a fact. However It was once told that a 2.2 or 2200 could not hold over 200hp on stock internals and thats now been proven wrong many many times.

Seems to my lots of crap on JBO is myth, not fact.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:49 AM
Phlatcav wrote:

funny thing about JBO is that one person says you cant do something and everyone takes that info into other threads untill it becomes a fact. However It was once told that a 2.2 or 2200 could not hold over 200hp on stock internals and thats now been proven wrong many many times.

Seems to my lots of crap on JBO is myth, not fact.

No @!#$.
There are a few know-it-alls on this board that answer almost every question. They know who they are, and they are causing nothing but trouble spewing their bull@!#$ to people looking for legit answers to good questions. Thats the problem with these boards. For every person that really knows what he is talking about, there are 10 that have no idea.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:30 PM
it's going to have to get tuned anyways. what the @!#$ is the point of getting it running, taking the chance of leaning out on stock fuel system, and the possibility of something bad happening when he can just wait another few days for the green tops to come in and get the tune it needs anyways? i could give a @!#$ less if the stock injectors will work with 5 psi. it's the simple prinicple that it's going to have to get tuned on the green tops anyways. just wait and avoid any potential problems that could arise. and to you NOSfly, I've seen you give out a lot of completely wrong information also. There are several many knowledgable people on this board that i trust and they have posted in this thread.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:36 PM
Quote:

I've seen you give out a lot of completely wrong information also

3 examples please.
I post rarely, and ALWAYS factually.
I don't anwer when I am not 100% sure
I answer questions based on my 25yrs of racing, and engine bulding experience.
Your experience?
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:24 PM
damn.. look what i started.. well i took the car to the shop to get the turbo installed and iw as just gonna leave it there til the injectors came in... the good thing is the injectors should be here by friday and i shouldnt have to drive it without the injectors.. and if they dont get here by friday.. ill just leave it there

here comes the boost!
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 1:26 PM
if you have something else to drive while it sits, then why bother with the hassle? good choice bro

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:50 PM
Ruben just wait for the injectors . Play it safe

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:17 AM
hhahaa its funny.. i got the injectors yesterday and the car isnt ready lol

here comes the boost!
Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:19 AM
teamjenzo wrote:hhahaa its funny.. i got the injectors yesterday and the car isnt ready lol

never rush a project

Saturday, December 24, 2005 1:38 PM
I wouldn't run the car period without an adequate fuel system. You can run on stock injectors at 5psi if you either have a way to increase the fuel pressure in relation to boost or increase the injector duty cycle in reltaion to boost. Your car does not have a MAP capable of reading possitive pressure. Simply throwing on bigger injectors isn't going to cut it either. You may be fine in boost but your idle is going to suck and you are going to burn gas like a Hummer.
I don't want to go too in depth because you may have more to your fuel system that I don't know about yet, but just know that there are LOTS of options. Read the FAQ on fuel systems if you really only got injectors.

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:40 PM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:Read the FAQ on fuel systems if you really only got injectors.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:57 PM
oh trust me i agree on the upgrading no matter what the boost. I was not saying that everyone is wrong simply that alot of things around here are turned into myth rather than fact.

Here is what I mean. Saying that you cant run stockers on 5spi is wrong, Saying that you should not because of......Is the right answer

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:35 PM
Yeah I got more than just the injectors... I have a cartech adj fmu walbro 255 fuel pump and a safc for now... And hopefully I'll get megasquirt soon. I have a quick question about the turbo tho does the ecotec come with a 3 bar map senson or do I need to buy one and if so where can I buy one?

here comes the boost!
Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:41 PM
teamjenzo wrote:Yeah I got more than just the injectors... I have a cartech adj fmu walbro 255 fuel pump and a safc for now... And hopefully I'll get megasquirt soon. I have a quick question about the turbo tho does the ecotec come with a 3 bar map senson or do I need to buy one and if so where can I buy one?

the megasquirt comes with a 2 bar map and unless you are running 20 psi you have no need for a 3 bar map

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search