B&M SHORT THROW!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M SHORT THROW!!!
Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:01 PM
Just thought i would let everyone who doesnt already know that tbe B&M short throw shifter is killer! not to put a pointless post up but gotta say , just one more 100% happy customer/installer. neither my customer satisfaction or installing fun/ease could be any higher! so to all who have em, one more to add to the count., and to all who are considering it, GO FOR IT, install is easier than anyone could think. and driving is wayyyyy more fun

Re: B&M SHORT THROW!!!
Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:05 PM
Where did u get it and how much? I thought about getting one but wasn't sure from where and how. <br>

Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:10 PM
contact karo he can hoook you up wit one..... <br>

!!!AC Customs!!! yo hit me up if you need anything!
streetfire2006
Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:36 PM
I just called advanced from work wednesday and had them call B&M and order me one. apparently the 00-05 cavy one wasnt listed in their book. oh well 2 day wait and in she went the next day.
Saturday, September 25, 2004 7:16 PM
Hey.I am new to this site.Sorry if i make myself sound like an idiot.I am interested in anything to upgrade my Cavy.I have a 2005 cavalier coupe 5 speed.I am interested in a short shift kit as well.Whatever I can get with the shortest throw.I will appreciate any suggestions.Thanks
Saturday, September 25, 2004 10:38 PM
www.carcustoms.net <br>

Saturday, September 25, 2004 10:47 PM
Is it worth getting for a daily driver with no mods?

Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:04 AM
I would order from karo but I don't feel like paying all this money just for taxes. Anybody else? <br>

Sunday, September 26, 2004 9:16 AM
Sunday, September 26, 2004 1:16 PM
95-99 Shifters you can re use stock knob or any after market 3 set screw knob. 00-05 it comes with a B&M knob. You can either use it or again re use a different knob if you wish.. just like the 95-99s

<br>

Sunday, September 26, 2004 9:21 PM
the b&m knob is just screwed on over the spring for the reverse safety lever. so any of the screw on type aftermarket knobs can be used i would immagine. and as for the daily driver question... the whole point of selling my old car and buying my cavy was to get OUT of modding (although i keep getting little things here and there lol) but wether you have a modded racecar or daily driver, the shifter makes it a lot more fun and gives a much better feel. and personaly i dont have a bit of problem with the B&M knob accept its ice cold on these maine mornings lol

Sunday, September 26, 2004 9:49 PM
well thanks for the tip maybe ill end up getting the shifter...

i know what you mean i had a metal knob in my 1st car.. Wisconsin winters aren't very forgiving either

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 8:26 AM
Am I obligated to get a knob that screws on or will any fit?

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 2:31 PM
Which YEAR are you talking about?

<br>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:37 PM
Thursday, September 30, 2004 1:07 AM
2000-2004, B&M does supply a knob. Its scrwed on the stick since the stick is threaded on. Again as said above you can use any knob which will screw into the stick (same thread patt) or any 3 set screw knob.....

<br>

Thursday, September 30, 2004 8:05 AM
95-99

Thursday, September 30, 2004 1:40 PM
95-99 DOES NOT come with a KNOB! You can eithr RE USE your STOCK knob OR you can use any aftermarket 3 set screw knob.

<br>

Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:20 PM
ok, me, the starting person on here... now IM asking the questions..lol. ok, on the b&m (as well as stock), the reverse lock out system... getting a new knob would make that either not work, not fit, or just look bad. am i correct?
Thursday, September 30, 2004 11:18 PM
lock out system ?

Friday, October 01, 2004 2:25 AM
00-05 with the B&M knob you can use the lock out system. If you get ANY kind of aftermarket knob unless they have reverse lock out it will not work. IF the aftermarket knob has reverse lock out it might work or it might not work. All depends on how the lock out system on it is.

Lock out system is for some 5 speed and all 6 speed cars... some cars you pull a lever up or push the knob down for it to let you go into reverse.

<br>

Saturday, October 02, 2004 11:56 PM
Quote:

Author: Jimmy C
Date: 09-26-04 01:47 AM

Is it worth getting for a daily driver with no mods?

YES definetly

shorter throw = super better

anything else feels like ur driving a truck

<br>

Sunday, October 03, 2004 6:02 AM
Has anyone bought this and used the same stock knob for 00+?? I'd like to get this but don't like the metal knob they come with. If I could take off my stock one and swap it onto the B&M I'd get one. However I don't think this stock one is a screw one type <br>

Monday, October 04, 2004 8:19 PM
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=212285&prmenbr=361
There's one place to get one.
That's the first thing I plan to do when I get my 05' Cavalier (current car, Corsica)
Monday, October 04, 2004 8:21 PM
Sorry about that, heres the Link
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search