AUTO trans.. INTERCEPTOR - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AUTO trans.. INTERCEPTOR
Saturday, October 23, 2004 10:35 PM
IVE herd 2 sides to this story.. people tell me its worth it and people tell me its lame and a joke... is it worth the purchase and wat are the sideaffects???

Re: AUTO trans.. INTERCEPTOR
Saturday, October 23, 2004 10:50 PM
me personally, i went with the b&m shift plus only like 35-40 bucks and get the same affect pretty much, and you can turn it off from inside the car if you want, or change from 1 to 2. im extremely pleased with the shift plus, but to each his own <br>

Saturday, October 23, 2004 11:16 PM
how easy is it to install... and wat are the gains youve noticed??
Saturday, October 23, 2004 11:36 PM
very easy only trick is finding the right red and black wire (theres 2) on the tranny harness, and still not even to hard, and my 04 ecotec sunfire auto ran a 16.3 with the lower mount and the shiftplus, and the shifts are great when set on 2 <br>

Saturday, October 23, 2004 11:38 PM
if your going to the halloween meet on the 30th for the mnj's if you can get it by then myself and im sure many others there could help you install it <br>

Saturday, October 23, 2004 11:57 PM
id like to go n check out all the j's but i cant make it... maybe next time, wats your ecotc run stock?
Sunday, October 24, 2004 12:00 AM
never got to run it stock, but i would guess 16.5 maybe, would like to think with shiftplus and lower mount i gained .2 in the 1/4 but could be wrong <br>

Sunday, October 24, 2004 5:24 PM
why doesnt it say that the shiftplus is for our cars? and does it throw you back as hard as the autotrans (I.E. is it is good)
<br>

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Sunday, October 24, 2004 6:28 PM
let me see if i can get the part number for our cars
i dont know the comparison between the interceptor and the b&m but the b&m sets you back pretty decent <br>

Sunday, October 24, 2004 6:32 PM
heres the part number and pictures for install
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=4376&t=4376
enjoy <br>

Sunday, October 24, 2004 6:40 PM
the b&m isn't made for 4T40E transmissions, but it'll work. the reason i went with the autotrans is because of my car's 100K dealer warranty. i can install and uninstall in about 10 seconds and there's no evidence i ever had it on there. For the 4 months i had it on there, i liked it a lot. no problems at all with it.

::shameless plug:: i'm selling mine (not because it's crap, i'm just converting my car back to stock to sell it) if you're interested

<br>

Sunday, October 24, 2004 6:40 PM
i have the autotrans cause i got a good deal on a used one. it's pretty nifty! but i don't think i woulda paid 140 or whatever the full price is on em though. i don't have any experience with the shift plus kit but if you're into ease of installation, i'd go with the autotrans. it just plugs in line with the trans harness. <br>

Sunday, October 24, 2004 6:45 PM
i'm interested in your interceptor.. <br>

Monday, October 25, 2004 6:26 PM
as am i...email me bro with a price

Phil Thacker
JCO North President

Monday, October 25, 2004 7:27 PM
yes the AutoTrans Interceptor is very much a POS and is definatly not worth the $140 I would say unless you get a great deal on one DONT BUY AN INTERCEPTOR!!!! get the B&M shift plus kit. <br>

Monday, October 25, 2004 7:35 PM
I don't agree its a POS. I do think it is overpriced for but I was lucky and found one for $100. <br>

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 9:16 AM
i paid $70 for mine. it was worth it imo. <br>

Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:33 AM
I thought it was a good investment. I could catch second gear with my crappy tires. I now have sticky tires. Im selling mine and going back to stock.
Thursday, October 28, 2004 4:40 PM
cool thanks for the great info
Friday, October 29, 2004 10:55 AM
anyone else getting rid of one.....dont' care which brand.....email me ecofire5@aol.com <br>

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Tuesday, November 02, 2004 8:07 PM
I can get em through my work for like 105.00 new but youd have to pay for it ahead of time and then I could ship it to anyone let me know if interested..

Dave
<br>

Thursday, November 04, 2004 11:24 AM
Shift kits aren't designed to make anything go faster, they're designed to shift better so you don't wear your clutches when you run more power through the trans. <br>

------------------------------------

Club Vantage - http://www.club-vantage.com
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:43 AM
Exactly...like noma said. You could compare it to the aftermarket motor mounts for our cars...you don't gain anything with them, it's all about efficiantly delivering the power that you already have.

I just got my interceptor for 75$ canadian.

If you see any 1/4 mile gains they would be very minimal. I wouldn't count it as a "go fast mod". I see it more as a "piece of the puzzle mod", made to compliment other engine mods you might have.

J-Body Club of Ontario / Messageboard / My PhotoBucket

'01 Cavalier~2200SFI~4-Speed Automatic - 17.501sec @ 76.864mph (1/4)
Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:50 PM
i think i am going to get this but i don't know what tranny i have

Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:47 PM
Do you have 3 speeds or four. Does your shifter say this PRND21 or PRND321

Now Back from Iraq!
With More Favor and Less Calories
Working on the engine... Soon to be complete.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search