clutch pedal lets out to high! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch pedal lets out to high!
Saturday, February 05, 2005 3:08 PM
I have and 03 ecotech cavalier and the clutch pedal lets out really high. is there anything that can be done to get it to release earlier?

Re: clutch pedal lets out to high!
Saturday, February 05, 2005 3:22 PM
nope, there is no way to adjust it.. You're just going to have to get used to it. It's an issue I complain about quite often... it's probably the thing I hate most about this car...

Member of NEJBODY.
Monday, February 07, 2005 10:05 AM
so there is no threaded rod on the master cylinder to adjust? or is there and you just cannot adjust it?

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Monday, February 07, 2005 4:44 PM
The hydraulic clutch in the getrag is self adjusting. Go get the clutch pipe TSB performed at your dealer, it helps alot with the clutch pedal feel and engagement.

Monday, February 07, 2005 4:48 PM
SPDDMON wrote:The hydraulic clutch in the getrag is self adjusting. Go get the clutch pipe TSB performed at your dealer, it helps alot with the clutch pedal feel and engagement.

Yes it did... for about two days. Then it grabs all the way at the top again... pedal feel is better but it still grabs way too high.

Member of NEJBODY.
Monday, February 07, 2005 4:53 PM
its all Jbody common problems.

But its the same on SRT-4... my friend complain about it to.

we dont have a baby clutch on GM. Its really not like Mazda. I so have trouble releasing the clutch pedal on my brothers Protegé... way to early for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Monday, February 07, 2005 7:22 PM
yea but i just put a new stage 2 in and its still the same. when i first got my car a year ago it engaged at the middle of the pedal travel. what is this clutch pipe thing? is it for all the getrag trannies? and will i have to pay for it?

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Thursday, February 10, 2005 3:38 PM
MatMan wrote:yea but i just put a new stage 2 in and its still the same. when i first got my car a year ago it engaged at the middle of the pedal travel. what is this clutch pipe thing? is it for all the getrag trannies? and will i have to pay for it?

could be do to the thickness of the spec 2? I know their discs are marginaly(sp?) thinner.
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:37 AM
Ryan Martin wrote:

could be do to the thickness of the spec 2? I know their discs are marginaly(sp?) thinner.

Thiinner?? my was thicker. I'm in the process of sending my back. They gave me a #. My spec 2 clutch was fcked. Couldn't shift gears.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:17 PM
Incorrect pedal engagement is usually due too the pressure plate. I've done several aftermarket clutches that had horrible pedal engagement. Swapped in a different clutch without changing anything else, and it totally went away.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:23 PM
Mine did the samething the peddle used to be half way up, just put in a stage 3 and now it's all the way up, makes me look like a idot when I stall at a set of lights

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search