SHIFTPLUS & 01 Z24 AUTO?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SHIFTPLUS & 01 Z24 AUTO??
Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:29 PM
Hey guys, looking for some information on whether anybody who is using the shift-plus on there 4 speed auto's is having a problem with it working correctly. I installed it on my car and it works fine for 2 miles or so in the number 1 setting, then my trac control light comes on and it shifts very, very hard!. I then pull over, turn the car off, put the selector in the middle position, restart and basicaly continue on my way. I've checked the wires over and over again to make sure I'm using the right two wires but at a standstill right now with the operation of the shift-plus. Thanks

Re: SHIFTPLUS & 01 Z24 AUTO??
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:42 PM
i get the same thing, its normal. The trac light coming on it actually a good thing when racing. As for the harder shifts, use the 2nd one, trust me it will be alot softer. I have the same engine, trans, and year as you. Only my traf off light comes on after 5 seconds of it being on.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:24 AM
i dont know if its different with having traction control, but i thought #2 setting is suppose to be harder?

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:53 AM
both of my cars the trac light come on

its normal , i hate the trac controll , i can still spin the tires in the rain with it on

if you need the trac control on just switch the unit off , cause you dont want it to shift hard when your worried about traction any ways

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search