Third gear gone - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Third gear gone
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:27 AM
Well last night i was heading down from san antonio to my old home town 280 miles away. Around the final hour of my trip im coming through a small town and have to down shift. Everything is going greast but when i downshifted to third ... slowly feathered the clutch then went to shift out of third it wouldnt let me so i pulled over check my clutch fluid and all was good. So i continue on shifting into third with no problem until i got home. Driving down my street i found it impossible to shift into third. I finally drove into my parents drive way and turned the car off. All gears except third will go in when the car is off or on. Could i have killed my synchros? it will not allow my one bit to shift into it. Its a 99 5spd z25 with the ISUZU!!!!

Re: Third gear gone
Saturday, February 19, 2005 1:21 AM
bent shifting fork maybe?? it doesnt sound like a snychro. there is usually a warning before synchros go.. grinding for awhile.. then hard to get into gear, then sol...
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:22 AM
OK well it goes in but kind of stiff like now.... al others just get sucked in with no problem

Sunday, February 20, 2005 1:44 AM
oh ok, u said it went out and u couldnt get it in, yeah if u have to slam it or it grindes, then its probly a sychro.. i just had my tranny fixed under warrenty. 04 getreg with 8200 miles and 2nd gear was grinding like a sob.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search