B&M short throw in 04 cavi. problems?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M short throw in 04 cavi. problems??
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:41 PM
i just recently had my tranny pretty much rebuilt under warrenty it had 8200 miles on it... new snychros, new 2nd gear, new shifting forks.. now before anyone says anything.. i dont beat the @!#$ out of my car. im paying for the car, insurence, everything. i drive it like everyone else on this site drivers their car.. get on it every now and then, but dont beat the hell out of it..

iv got just over 9k on it now and it seems fine.. i want to get a B&M short throw, but im worried about it and my tranny.. is there anythign i should be worried about?? i doubt the dealer would have covered it the 1st time if i would have had a short throw, just to try and save themselves money.

so to everyone with the 00+ B&M short throws. what do you think? go for it? but a lil more miles on? everyones imput is welcome

Re: B&M short throw in 04 cavi. problems??
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:22 PM
bump
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:35 PM
to be honest, the short throw doesn't do anything to the tranny itself

all it does is shorten how far the stick has to move in order to move the shifting linkage. The only downside is you have to practically destroy the stock stick in order to get the aftermarket one in there.

But to be honest, its totally TOTALLY worth it. You'll never want to go back to stock ever again...

until you grab ur all metal stick in the winter time that is

but as far as your tranny goes, you should be fine

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:30 AM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote: until you grab ur all metal stick in the winter time that is

My Sunfire
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:49 PM
hahahaha.
well have them install it so that they cover the warrenty on the work.. so tecnically if anything happens to the trans. they are responsible.

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:44 AM
all the work to the tranny has already been done.. had the car back for a month or so.. just trying to decide wether a short throw would be a good choice right now.. most people seem to love it.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:56 AM
5secondrule wrote:
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote: until you grab ur all metal stick in the winter time that is

just put the stock knob back on the shifter thats what i did

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:30 PM
It is totally worth it. i will never go back. good luck w/ everything

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search