1 thing i hate about J's - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1 thing i hate about J's
Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:54 PM
is there any way to make a cavi 5sd shift better................so it doesnt feel like rubber! i hate that more than anything do they make a convertion kit err anything like that? i was thinkin that if you could stop the cables from moving so much like strap them down to something i donno but it really sucks

Re: 1 thing i hate about J's
Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:10 PM
short shifter from b&m

Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:04 PM
that makes it feel more solid? i thought it was because of the cables
Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:37 AM
I think he means internals... like syncros and such... i am also curious to know if there is things to make it feel stronger... it feels soooo flimsy and what not compared to my trans am's 6speed, i mean i know its a way different car but my sunfire's transmission feels really loose

Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:06 PM
i donno but that is the 1 weak point in the j bodys it pisses me off so bad
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:00 AM
When i get my clutch put in i will ask them if they can suggest any thing..

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:25 AM
john plummer wrote:is there any way to make a cavi 5sd shift better................so it doesnt feel like rubber! i hate that more than anything do they make a convertion kit err anything like that? i was thinkin that if you could stop the cables from moving so much like strap them down to something i donno but it really sucks

If you registry was filled out it'd be easier to help you. My 99 has a B&M and it def has a more mechanical and solid feel to it. I have a B&M for my 03, but haven't installed it yet. Mainly because my aftermarket seats sit so damn high.

Monday, February 28, 2005 10:06 PM
due to the cables its near impossible to get the same shift feel as a linkage type shifter. you can come close but unfortunatly its not an easy feat

Monday, February 28, 2005 10:16 PM
try a new clutch and flywheel. short shifter from B&M and tranny mounts from Carcustoms

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 11:39 PM
i think reinforcement of the shifter housing would help alot

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search