which trany do I have?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which trany do I have??
Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:34 PM
What kinda trany do I have, ie 40T4E? I know I am a "newbie" when it comes to this. Is there any where I can look? I have a 2002 Cavalier coupe with a 2200 engine, auto trany. One other question, I dont plan on racing but I do want to go, which shift improve kit should I get? Stage 1 - heavy duty or Stage-2 Street/Strip (click on the link to know what I am talking about.

stage1 and stage2

What is the advantage and disadvantages of both? Will one eat away at my fly-wheel or what?

thanks in advance,

dan

From the cats that brought you Cadyblack, Blackdraft and Black Kramer vs Kramer comes a funky flick so bad you gonna say, "Damn that's funky". Rufus Griffin stars in ... Black 2 the Future.

Re: which trany do I have??
Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:39 PM
ohh just for the records .. i do have a 4 speed automatic.

dan

From the cats that brought you Cadyblack, Blackdraft and Black Kramer vs Kramer comes a funky flick so bad you gonna say, "Damn that's funky". Rufus Griffin stars in ... Black 2 the Future.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:20 PM
yes you have the 40T4E transmission. Your best route is to get an Autotrans. I dont think they even make shift kits for the cavalier? With the autotrans interceptor you can easily adjust how hard the shifts are by the turn of a knob. You can find this in the transmission section at www.highrevmotorsports.com as well as many other sites, or possibly in the classifieds on the org. Goodluck

Things are looking better already!
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:31 PM
Click Here I guess they do have a shiftkit. haha. I would never get a shiftkit though. Unless its not going to be a daily driver. If you really want the shift kit, Its really preference of how hard you want the car to jolt everytime you shift gears.

Things are looking better already!
Saturday, March 05, 2005 6:07 PM
Actually, its 4T40E, but thats ok

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search