3spd to 4spd swap - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3spd to 4spd swap
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:59 PM
i searched but couldn't find anything, i guess i suck at searching. does the 4spd tranny swap straight in? what all needs to be done and what all did that particular model tranny come in?

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Re: 3spd to 4spd swap
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:30 AM
bump i need help on this

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, March 11, 2005 6:18 AM
By what I know and have found out over the years is that it is impossible to put the 4 speed tranny on the 2.2L. From what I’ve herd is that the bolt patterns are completely different. If you really wanted that tranny the only way that I know of is to put the 2.4 or the ecotec in there. I’m starting a Eco swap soon in my 97 Sunfire. You can get the complete setup from a junk yard for about $1600.

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:20 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:55 AM
the 3 speed and the 4 speed are very different. the 4 speed is electronically controlled and the 3 speed is not. if you were to swap in the 4 speed, you would probably need the transmission, maybe the mounts, the axels, ecu, pcm, wiring, and there could be more. swapping in a 4 speed is probably more trouble than its worth. you'd probably be better off selling your current 3 speed auto and picking up a 5 speed and might end up with extra cash in your pocket

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search