new to site, tranny ?s... - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new to site, tranny ?s...
Friday, March 11, 2005 11:09 AM
..hey all. I drive a 96 2.2ohv cavi, with the usual mods: intake, 59mm tb, header, cat, exhaust, pulley, motor mounts, suspension, blah blah. Currently runnin a centerforce clutch, and i have been beating the hell outta my tranny...time to replace, i think 2 synchros are gone. Anyway, whaddya think..alum flywheel, or is it possible to lighten the stock iron piece? ive heard of launch problems with the 8lb alum pieces, but i am not really into drag racing (really any kinda racing) at all..just my fun lil weekend driver. anyone run close to this combo: spec 2 clutch, spec flywheel, short throw shifter? if so, input / suggestions would be nice....wasssss gonna buy the centerforce d/f, but have heard nothing but negative stuff, though my cent. 1 piece ran pretty good, with my limited mods at least. please reply any suggestions / input related to this. Thanks, guys!

also, know this is off topic...my engine has, *cough cough*, 150k on it. do ya think the 2.5l stroker kit ive seen advertised would be a worthwhile investment? anyone stroked the engine with this kit? hell, if it refreshes the pistones, rods, rings, etc., and i could get 25k more outta the engine without anything else breaking on the car, id love it. Ive already replaced most of the oem parts anyway...heheh. would head work be also a good idea with this kit?

(Sorry if someone has to move this thread to another forum)

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.

Re: new to site, tranny ?s...
Friday, March 11, 2005 1:09 PM
Where have you seen a 2.5L stroker kit? I definately would't stroke a 2.2 out that far, plus, you could never put nitrous or turbo on it after that. As I've heard, any stroker kit that was out there, had major issues destroying the motor after a couple thousand miles.

As for your tranny, I don't think you would be happy with the super light flywheel and tough clutch with city driving, although some people do like it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: new to site, tranny ?s...
Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:16 PM
shifted, i saw it about 2 years or so ago on mantaparts website (if I remember correctly...)..dont know if they offer it anymore. wow, maybe ill just refresh the engine with new rings or something instead, i dont wanna break anything else that i havent broken already. like i said, it is just my fun lil weekend driver..not my daily driver, ive got a beater truck i use for that.

are there driveablilty issues with the 8lb alum flywheels and spec II clutches? im not plannin any serious pounding on it...do you know of anyone having any luck with shaving a few pounds off of the stock iron wheel? a guy back on the rk forum way back when had suggested that...if i can do that, maybe shave 5 lbs off and use maybe that d/f clutch without worrying about fracturing the stocker, i may go that route. Tell ya what, bro, any emails would be appreciated. soulhorse715@yahoo.com thanks, friend.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search