Stall/Torque Converter? exist? for a 05 sunfire? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stall/Torque Converter? exist? for a 05 sunfire?
Friday, March 11, 2005 2:13 PM
I need something to allow me to rev past 2500 rpm's when i am stopped hitting the gas and brake before i launch. Someone told me that i need a torque / stall converter........where can i find this? Thanks in advance

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Re: Stall/Torque Converter? exist? for a 05 sunfire?
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:42 AM
you have a torque converter in ther tranny already and it has a stall of 2500 RPMs...what you want is a torque converter with a higher stall....get it right.........get one for 3000 to 3500 RPMs max and you will be just fine

Goodbye Bobby, May God grant you the peace you never found in life.
“Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go f**k yourself.”
—Al Swearengen
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:42 PM
that was my question though......my car stops at 2500 rpms so i know it has one in it, my question was where can i get a higher one? can anyone link me? are they universal? do I not need to buy one because my stock one is adjustable or something? let me know please, thanks for the response

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:44 PM
Stock one is not adjustable, and the transmission has to be removed to install one. I believe the TC is the same on all the 4T40E's, regardless of engine.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:26 PM
does any one know of any after market ones?

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:27 PM
which sunfire/cavalier comes stock with the highest stall convertor? if i find that out I can just swap them right? or all they all the same?

Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:24 PM
listening(bump)

Friday, March 18, 2005 5:12 AM
any answers?

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:18 AM
Try to find the 4 letter code on your torque converter(should read F??B), then go to http://www.transtarindustries.com. Go to their TC Catalog pages 4 & 5 and find the letter code. This will tell you what your stall speed is and if there are any other TC's available stock, otherwise you will have to go aftermarket/ custom TC.

Re: Stall/Torque Converter? exist? for a 05 sunfir
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:58 PM
im having the same troubles cant find a higher stall converter either or any other parts to beef it up but yet you can buy a complete already beefed up tranny? i would rather do it myself would be much cheaper.

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:19 PM
At http://www.aceomatic.com lists two different final drive assemblies, 38 tooth sungear and 34 tooth sungear. If you have the 38 tooth sungear final drive assembly, you should be able to change out to the 34 tooth assy. This should give you what, about a 12% lower gear ratio? other than that maybe a LSD, such as a PhantomGrip. The AutoTrans Intercepter (and equivalant electronic shift controlers) should make your shifts quicker and firmer. SYNTHETIC TrickShift by B&M may help the shifting a little.
The 4T40E is electronically controled and only a few variations have been made, so there's not allot of parts out there for them.
Good Luck

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:59 PM
im more looking into the stall converter and better clutch packs with possibly more clutches per pack, if not just better clutch packs and torrington bearings would be a great thing to get ahold of to, and better bushings, higher flowing pump. i already have the shiftplus which does help but will only help to a point

i will still check out the above company and see what they might be able to get ahold of. i know the parts are out there cause like i said they put them into the "bulletproof" built trannies. thanks

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search