tranny swap - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny swap
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:23 PM
alright I dont know if there is a thread with this already on it but I have a 2000 sunfire se with the 2.4 and i was wondering how much and where to go to get this done by professinonals because i am tired on driving this auto and i want the stick because i saw this z24 for sale and it was a 5 speed but if it is cheaper just to swap trannies then i am all for it. any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: tranny swap
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:31 PM
Probably cost you a good $4000 at a shop, its not incredibly hard, just time consuming.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:51 PM
so i should just buy the z24 then? i kinda of figured that was going to be the answer.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:14 AM
I need some help becaus ei am from southern cali and really no one will either do it for me or they dont knoe how. if there is anyone close to the san diego area and knows how to do the swap and could help i would greatly appreciate it
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:43 PM
I called my local chevy dealer today and priced a getrag tranny. They said GM doesnt sell "brand new" replacements, but they are remanufactured to OEM quality (good as new). A complete getrag transmission will cost approximately $1,774.19 not including labor
Monday, March 14, 2005 10:53 AM
screw that dont go to dealer for a tranny, they'll rape u, go to a junk yard and get a used one with the least amont of miles possible.

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:02 AM
I belive my causin paid about $1500 for ALL the parts to do the auto to Getrag swap....... and I did the labor for pretty cheap.......

Call a junk yard, and tell them what you need, thats what he did. (trans, cables, axles, flywheel/clutch, shifter, hydrolics, clutch pedal.......) Piece of cake. they even sent extra stuff...... steering column (push button to remove the key on a 5 speed), and both spindles........ to lazy to pull the axles out I guess.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search