Trick Shift ATF - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trick Shift ATF
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:01 PM
does anyone here use this for an auto trans? how do u like it?

http://bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=4&cat=11&subcat=&pid=104

ps. what other b&m products do you reccomend for the 3spd auto?

thanx

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *

Re: Trick Shift ATF
Sunday, March 06, 2005 3:49 PM
don't bother with it i put it in my car uring my routine filter change and now my tranny is very resistant to acceleration and shifts almost at reline when it is cold in th morning and for som reason my transmission slips whn the wheel is cut. whreas my transmission shifted perfect before, so i soon will be gtting the tranny flushed and switching over to a full synthtic oem specified replacment
Monday, March 07, 2005 5:34 PM
You should have used the Synthetic Trick Shift, especially if you have the 4T40.
I've got th TH125C/3T40 3sp and I used this: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx
It also coast about $1.50 less per quart at my local speed shop.

Monday, March 07, 2005 7:33 PM
so does this improve shifting or is this just replacement fluid?

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:34 PM
bump

Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:44 PM
when the tranny is heated up i have nothing to complain about going in a strait line i have noticed better shifts and less rpm drop between shifts
Friday, March 11, 2005 6:07 PM
When using the Synthetic Trick shift it should give a slightly firmer shift. It reduces the amount of slipage on the clutches. I cant say if the Amsoil changed my shift firmness any or not, I had my tranny rebuilt with a shift kit in it.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:45 AM
I put it in my 01 4spd auto and has worked fine for 60,000 miles. I hit a chunk of ice in the road about a year after I bought the car and it dented/cut the transmission oil pan so I put it in then.

Just my experience with it.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:32 PM
Didn't you see the

*Not recommended for electronic controlled transmissions

at the bottom of the page? I'm not sure if the 3t40 is electronically controlled or not but the 4t40e is. I used that on mine and have been having slipping problems ever since, until I changed the fluid a couple of times. Now it just slips a little bit just use gm syn ATF.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:09 PM
No the 3T40 is not electronically controled.
Here is the Trick Shift for the 4T40E:
http://bmracing.com/index.php?id=products&sid=4&cat=11&subcat=&pid=103

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:39 PM
the (original) B&M trick shift ATF is a Type-7 fluid....Well our cars take the ATF fluid that is Dextron III approved ....I know the getrag and the 4T40E takes Dextron III approved ATF.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search