clutch pedal adjustment - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch pedal adjustment
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:20 AM
I would like to adjust the clutch pedal length. Right now, I have to lift my foot ways too high. Ideally, I would just push on the pedal with my heel on the floor (to match the excelerator).

There should be something in the linkage that allows me to do this. I may end up modifiying or replacing the actual pedal arm, but I'm wondering if I can replace or adjust another rod in the system.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Re: clutch pedal adjustment
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:06 PM
You can't do anything to adjust the slave cylinder because it's a concentric/hydraulic throwout bearing. You could however pull out the clutch master cylinder and shorten the rod. This is just going to change the distance from the floor that the clutch engages/ disengages. It will also change the overall throw of the pedal as well.

If you really want to experiment with it just get a big flat head screwdriver, lay upside down on your head so you can see up under the dash (it's a bitch...trust me) and pop off the eyelet from the pedal. It should just pop right off. The next step is to unbolt the clutch master cylinder from the firewall. I think it's two 13 mm nuts. You'll then have to decide if you want to disconnect the line that goes to your slave cylinder or just try to fight it enough so that you can get at the rod of the master cyl.

The rod of the master cyl doesn't just pop right out either. It has some kind of socket at the base and to be honest, I've never experimented with taking it apart. I did notice a snap ring though, so I bet it comes out easily, but who knows if you'll end up with fluid everywhere.

If you decide to tackle it, good luck and I hope it works out for ya.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search