Need a quick diagnosis - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a quick diagnosis
Monday, March 28, 2005 9:50 AM
I'm going to the tranny shop tomorrow because I can't take it anymore.

I have a problem right now where it feels like my clutch isn't disengaging when i push down the pedal. The worst part is trying to shift gears. In reverse, I have to hold down the break or else the car will start moving (reson why i don't think the clutch is disengagin). At red lights, I usually have to turn the car off, then switch into first, then turn the thing back on, and it is just getting regoddamndiculous.

From what I've been told by friends and other forums, here are the things i need to tell the shop to look for.

Clutch Fork
Pressure plate
throw out
slave

What does it sound like to you guys. I had the master replaced. So i'm pretty sure it's not that.

02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Re: Need a quick diagnosis
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:06 AM
i think it is your slave cylinder. this happend to me in my dads truck. and when you pull it out of gear while the motor is running it is very hard?!? i would say have it checked out.
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:31 PM
today it actually did something unexpected. I pushed in the clutch to coast, and my RPM's stayed the same.

You're right bret, when i get out of gear, It's nearly impossible to get into ANY gear without pumping the clutch pedal a bajillion times. My right bicep is killing me from trying to force the damn thing into gear. Wish i had a beater i could drive, cuz I know i'm killing my synchros and alot of the rest of my tranny

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:06 AM
slave cylender is leaking, you have to pump it to build pressure up in the system. have fun

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:39 AM
It's to the point where pumping it isn't doin' the trick. I'm going in today.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search