I have a problem..need help asap - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I have a problem..need help asap
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:30 PM
I know wrong forum, but I really need the help quick. I have an auto 3 speed and while im just driving around in the "drive" gear it wont shift into second. I really have no idea what this is. It also seems like the transmission is slipping. Like I said, I would really appreciate it if I could get some help quick. Thanks

Re: I have a problem..need help asap
Monday, March 28, 2005 8:43 PM
Make sure you have the right amount of fluid. You have a dipstick, so its pretty easy to check. Just park it on a level surface after bringing it up to operating temp and see where the level is. If you have a haynes manual there is a more detailed procedure to check it.

If you top it off with fluid and that doesn't help you may need to get a professional opinion. That tranny is completely hydrolic so its not some kind of electronic part messing up.

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:47 PM
damn, I forgot it was hydraulic, I will check it first off tomorrow
Monday, March 28, 2005 9:12 PM
anything else?
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:17 AM
well, it is not the fluid problem
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:57 AM
My sister had a similar issue, no 3rd and no reverse, seemed like it was slipping. She has a new transmission now.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:48 PM
Get a professional opinion. Your probably going to need some major work. If your capable, it may be cheaper to get one from a yard and drop in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search