competition clutch. for ecotec know anything?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
competition clutch. for ecotec know anything??
Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:50 PM
i was at a local shop seeing if he could get a price on a spec clutch for me, but hes not a dealer. instead he gets me this company that has a clutch for ecotec. its supposvly rated at around 240-270. alot of the honda people around here have their clutchs and havnet had any problems. my buddy has one in his b16 crx and it chirps 4th gear every time on 17's.

anyone know anything about them? any experiences?

heres the link

http://www.competitionclutch.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Sport+Compact+Clutch+Kits&is_makeable=1

Re: competition clutch. for ecotec know anything??
Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:42 PM
John H wrote:i was at a local shop seeing if he could get a price on a spec clutch for me, but hes not a dealer. instead he gets me this company that has a clutch for ecotec. its supposvly rated at around 240-270. alot of the honda people around here have their clutchs and havnet had any problems. my buddy has one in his b16 crx and it chirps 4th gear every time on 17's.

anyone know anything about them? any experiences?

heres the link

http://www.competitionclutch.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Sport+Compact+Clutch+Kits&is_makeable=1

So ugh, when are you going to be making 240-270hp @ the wheels? not really needed if you ask me unless your boosted or run a shiat load of nitrous. I've posted before a good cheap clutch setup for a mild to moderate street car with a long life and thats a stock replacement clutch. take the pressure plate in and get them to up the spring pressure on it and badda-bing, badda-bang instand performance clutch and will last as long as a stock one even under abuse.

Friday, April 01, 2005 5:43 PM
bump
Re: competition clutch. for ecotec know anything??
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:27 PM
ok well i called compitionclutch and talked to a lady named melissa. they have one clutch for our car

IronMan - Strip Series 1680 Clutch

The IronMan Strip series kit is designed for the intense street enthusiast. This hybrid material combines iron and carbon producing less fade with aggressive bite from take-off, along with extreme stability and less wear on opposing surfaces. This performance setup is rated to handle 150-200% increase in torque capacity.

The 1680 Kit includes a Competition Clutch performance pressure plate, a 6 pad IronMan high-torque sprung disc assembly, all applicable bearings, and the appropriate alignment tool.

they used a beefed up stock pressure plate. she said it engages almost as smooth as stock and once the clutch heats up. it has a snappy grab.

heres the link

scroll down to about the 4th one

IronMan 1680

she said 395 + 15 shipping anywhere in the states.

i figured id post so everyone else would know.. now atleast there isnt only 1 company making a clutch for our cars
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search