**HELP** Need Spider Gear!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
**HELP** Need Spider Gear!!!
Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:17 PM
Long story short, I blew my tranny about 2 months ago. Brought it to a local transmission place to get rebuilt. He ordered every part he needed, but can't seem to find the spider gear kit (sp?). He's tried chevy dealers, and they keep sending him the wrong part. They say that its the right part number but it's not. Hes not trying to get one from some place in minnesota. Can SOMEONE please tell me where the hell I can get one? My car has been sitting at this guy's shop for 6 weeks now. If I choose to get a used tranny, I still gotta pay for the parts he ordered, so getting a used one is not an option right now. Its a 1998 2.4 5spd transmission (z24). Thanks for your help guys, its surely appreciated.

1998 Cavalier Z24
Getting Boosted!

Re: **HELP** Need Spider Gear!!!
Friday, April 08, 2005 3:21 PM
Anyone?

1998 Cavalier Z24
Getting Boosted!
Friday, April 08, 2005 6:25 PM
I have a complete diff out of my 98 Z24. i just put new diff gears in myself but there was more problems so i replaced the whole tranny. i still have the gears in the diff if you want it. Just e-mail me if your interested.
Friday, April 08, 2005 10:19 PM
98redcavz24 wrote:Long story short, I blew my tranny about 2 months ago. Brought it to a local transmission place to get rebuilt. He ordered every part he needed, but can't seem to find the spider gear kit (sp?). He's tried chevy dealers, and they keep sending him the wrong part. They say that its the right part number but it's not. Hes not trying to get one from some place in minnesota. Can SOMEONE please tell me where the hell I can get one? My car has been sitting at this guy's shop for 6 weeks now. If I choose to get a used tranny, I still gotta pay for the parts he ordered, so getting a used one is not an option right now. Its a 1998 2.4 5spd transmission (z24). Thanks for your help guys, its surely appreciated.
what is the part number that he is using? post the number and i will check Monday when i get to work. we sell just the gear but i don't know if we stock it at my GM SPO(service parts operations)

see ya!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search