Need a new Shifter - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a new Shifter
Monday, April 11, 2005 7:09 PM
What after market shifter is available for a 97 Cav 5spd, I know they make a B&M for like a 2000 and up. Reason is that my shifter is looser than a street walker. Would like shorter throws, but i would like a firm shift. Is there any kits for the shifter also.

Re: Need a new Shifter
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:18 PM
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:20 AM
Thanks for the info. What happens if i change the shifter and it is still loose. I went to the dealership and they said the whole base for the shifter would have to be repalced because there are no kit to fix it. Its one piece that cost about 130.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:16 PM
Not sure what you mean by LOOSE... the B&M shifters come with new billet base washers which help as well.....

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:36 AM
What i meant by loose is that I think its going into gear but i am off a bit. Like u said if it comes with new washers and such that might help. I will try the shifter first and see if it works and if it doesnt, it is still money well spent. Thanks. I got another question for u. I changed the instrument cluster on my 97 cav 5spd to Z24 cluster from an automatic. Everything works fine of course i dont have an upshift light and PRD123 dont light up, but I wonder about the TACH. When I do 60mph my RPM are at about 2100-2200 and 70mph I do about 2500-2600. Is this within spec. I have oem tire size. I am used to my Z-71.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:23 PM
Sounds about right.. all depends on the gear your in and such . . . . but i think that sounds correct . . . .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search