3rd, 4th, OD hesitation... - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3rd, 4th, OD hesitation...
Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:38 PM
My friend's currently driving my car as I'm not in town, but there was a flood not too long ago and the car was in his back yard, 2/5 way submerged under water for like 2 days so most of the trans was probably under water... Anyway, after everything dried, he said the car started up fine and he drove it around... Everything is fine except when on highway and he's slowly accelerating, from 3rd, 4th and OD, the rev meter thing keeps jumping like 100rpm and back to normal like every 2 seconds...

I told him to get an oil change and trans fluid change since the car has 88K miles on it, he said he got the oil changed but the tech drove the car and reported no problems. I know, what an idiot! But he says the car's still doing it. When the car's cold it's somewhat more noticable and lately he says the starter might be going too as he tries to start the car and it would just sit there, then he tries again and it engages the 2nd time. He says it's happening more frequently now and I've had a problem with starter before and same kinda situation, water related. My car just loves to dive, what can i say.

Anyway, any help with transmission is appreciated. I'll probably change the fluid anyway when I get back as i think there might be water in it from the flood, the mech told him this was impossible as there are no leaks in trans... I know, that moron!!!

Thanks!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search