short throw shifter - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
short throw shifter
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:41 PM
I am in the process of putting a short throw shifter in my '05 Cavalier. I have a buddy who drives an import and his claim is that the short throw shifter made by Cosmo is just as good a product as that made by B&M. Other than the price, what is the real difference between the two? Also, has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with Cosmo products? Thanks...

I'll think of something cool eventually...
...or maybe not...

Re: short throw shifter
Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:51 AM
Cosmo's intakes are good, but I would go with the B&M shifter (as I did). B&M is a tranny company, there's comes with a warranty, and is a quality product. Just something about buying a shifter for a 2005 that is anything other than a B&M that bothers me.

go with the B&M. Cosmo Racing specializes in intakes, B&M specializes in transmissions. Don't skimp when it comes to your tranny.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:02 AM
Cosmo Racing offers a knock off of the shifter made in China. I ordered one, I am looking at it. 100% knock off....

Its really up to you.. no one can force you to do something or another........

Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:11 AM
Looking at it again as for the quality I can not say its the same. Looks like they used different metal to make it? Not sure I am not a metal person to really know.....

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:36 AM
knock offs will make their shifters out of aluminum
while b&m uses mostly steel
which is much better

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search