Looking to go 5spd on my 2000 Sunfire - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking to go 5spd on my 2000 Sunfire
Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:45 PM
Well, just like it says, i am wanting to go 5spd, on my fire. And i was just wondering what transmissions are available. I don't really know a lot about this field of the car so bare with me. I keep finding posts about an Isuzu tranny, i believe that is just the make of the tranny but not quite sure.

My main question is which tranny's will fit in the 2000 model fire? I have heard anything from 95 till 2k.

Also, i have been trying to gather a list of parts needed in order to get everything for the swap, and i am ready for a lot of work on the car, so don't worry about that. I am willing to learn everything before i even get started. So far, as far as parts, i know main thing is tranny, master cylinder, cables, mounts, clutch pedal, is there anything major that i should be looking for to replace during the swap. I will possibly upgrade clutch's in order to get the performance that i am looking for. and the drive also. Please help if you can, and to say this, i am just gathering info now, not purchasing parts, maybe small parts, I won't be doing the swap till this winter. I will be in Military training till november so i won't get to it till then. Thank you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search