Reverse probs. - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reverse probs.
Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:04 PM
I've got a '97 2.4 5-speed... We'll when I baught the car it needed a transmission.. I'm on my second one since I got it.. We'll both trannys' reverse where out of them(I still have one of them in it)... all five gears work fine.. but reverse, whenever you put it into gear it'll just kick it out and if you try and hold it it'll make all kinds of noice and throw it out.. it sounds kind of like it isn't going all the way into the gear?...This tranny came out of a '95 Grandam and the other came out of a '98 2.4 Cavy... Any Ideas?

Re: Reverse probs.
Sunday, May 08, 2005 4:12 PM
Anyone??....Please I have the money to get it rebuilt, but I'm hoping maybe its just something in the cables... If so, how do you adjust them?..
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:19 AM
Anyone?
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:58 PM
the tranny board moves slow, give em a couple of days..

Sunday, May 15, 2005 1:45 PM
I had the same problem in mine. When I would get my grinding noise I would pull the car forward very slightly and it would go in fine. I had that problem since I bought it in 2000. I'll have to ask my father in law what was worn inside. He said there have been no problems since he put my B&M shifter in. $130.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 2:20 PM
So all you you had to do was move it forward a little and it would go into reverse?
Monday, May 16, 2005 6:51 AM
That's what worked for me!

Monday, May 16, 2005 10:12 AM
kool, Im gonna go try that..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search