Shifting Problems - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shifting Problems
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:29 AM
I'm having problems pushing my gear selector into place (5 speed, stock everything tranny-related). I have 75k miles with no fluid ever changed, but it's pretty expensive from what I hear to buy the syncromesh fluid and then have it flushed, so I'm trying to find out if maybe this is a different problem.

It goes into 5th easily, 1st is the hardest, 2nd is slightly less bad, 3rd and 4th are slightly annoying, Reverse usually gives me no problem unless I try going to it from 5th, which I think is intentionally done that way so that you don't mess up down-shifting from 5th?

I tried lubing what of the linkage I could see when I took out my center console, that didnt' seem to make a difference. Maybe it's not even a REALLY bad resistance, its just way more than it seemed like the car had when I bought it 20k miles ago.

Someone at a shop said they thought I needed a new clutch, but what would that have to do with simply selecting a gear when the clutch is pushed in? The engaging and everything feels fine to me.

Re: Shifting Problems
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:31 AM
Sorry for not mentioning I have a 2000 Z24 5spd. I also just realized it says Getrag in my sig picture, but still, just clarifying.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search