clutch question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch question
Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:57 AM
i know this should be in the tranny forum but no body seems to respond there. any way, i was wondering what sort of clutchs you all run. iv got a 95 2.2 cavy. i was thinking a spec stage 2. what about centerforce? thanks for your opinions

Re: clutch question
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:38 AM
Spec stage 1 is for when you get in to boost (turbo/superchargers) or even Nitrous. so if you don't plan on doing either i don't see the need for a clutch... I still have my stock clutch and am running with 5psi of boost right now

Supercharged 2.4L
Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:18 PM
i think the stock cavy clutch sux. i was thinkin bout a stage 2 from spec. my prelude has a stage 3 that came in it, and it is way too tight for a daily driver, but it shifts so smooth. i only have to tap the clutch to engage it. but i would say nothing more than a stage 2 for a daily driver, maybe only stage 1.
Thursday, May 05, 2005 5:29 PM
A stage 1 is fine until you hit up a tuned turbo or NA engine. Since many of us do not possess such things, the stage 1 has great engagement and when teamed with the Spec flywheel, is a great upgrade for any j-boy owner looking for that extra clamping power and a little extra acceleration.......

I'll have a sig someday....................
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search