is there a slap/bump shifter for 2000 auto cavy?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is there a slap/bump shifter for 2000 auto cavy??
Monday, May 09, 2005 2:57 PM
i have a 2000 automatic cavy and i want to control the shifting on it without having to do a conversion or selling my car i heard that u can get some kinda of thing called slap/bump shifters to do so but i cant seem to find them for the cavy.....does anyone know about it?

Re: is there a slap/bump shifter for 2000 auto cavy??
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:03 AM
I am extremely curious about this also, and was wondering the same thing.
Re: is there a slap/bump shifter for 2000 auto cav
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:18 PM
for some money you can always have something built for ya

Phil Thacker
JCO North President

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:26 PM
check with scrufdog, he has a ratchet slap shifter thing in doomie. might have another for sale.

kinda fun driving that car.

Friday, May 13, 2005 7:55 AM
ratchet shifters were designed for automatic drag cars with manual valve bodies. if you have an auto, you are best off with a shift kit. there is to my knowledge no manual valve body for those transmissions available, not to mention i don't think the computer would like that at all. however Event is the automatic transmission god here....

p.s. with a manual valve body, you HAVE TO SHIFT IT MANUALLY ALL THE TIME. just thought i'd clarify that for you.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, May 13, 2005 11:23 AM
the-race-shop.com has th125c's with manual valve body's in them.... but i don't much care for that guy.

and if you email him to try and find info, he will not give it to ya, i tried just locating just the valve body and he said he has some special connection where he's at that makes them for him, and if you want the valve body, you have to buy the whole tranny. 3200$

enjoy,

-andy

'88 convt. sunbird GT turbo (project car)
'02 sunfire GT (daily driver)
email me
Saturday, May 14, 2005 1:16 AM
wow, $3200, you can swap the auto trans to stick for like $600 max parts and some beer for your buddies and do it in a long weekend.(start friday afternoon,all day saturday, and all day Sunday, maybe into Monday a little)
Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:52 AM
definately not a god, but just learned alot from scruf and local transmission places.

my ENTIRE transmission rebuild including 210$ for the spare transmission, LSd conversion, valve body, clutches, etc, gear ratio change, all that.....

1800$

http://web.archive.org/web/20031228174250/www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=1893&t=1893

Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:14 PM
here: this is all from::::

the race shop tranny page

This is the ultimate modification for your performance Quad 4. When you go to the track with your unmodified, not only are you putting a tremendous strain on your transmission but your taking a risk of something going terribly wrong. Here at the race shop, we pride ourselves on high peformance and high quality products. Engineered Performance combined with The Race Shop brings you the modified T-125C Auto Transmission. This transmission has maximum grip kevlar internal clutches, fully tuned and built for 2 and 3 MILLISECOND shifting, and a manual valve body so it won't shift until you want it to shift. This transmission is rated to over 575 HP, which is PLENTY for most applications.

High Performance T-125C Transmission
$3,200.00
Model: TRSEP125C
Shipping Weight: 90.00 lbs
1 Units in Stock

-andy

'88 convt. sunbird GT turbo (project car)
'02 sunfire GT (daily driver)
email me
Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:21 PM
so they made a 3 speed for a QUAD 4 and not the 2.2ohv?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search