Please end my madness - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please end my madness
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:46 PM
According to my father, once an automatic transmission has 100,000 miles on it, it's a bad idea to change the transmission fluid because it can damage the seals. Please tell me that's retarded.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Re: Please end my madness
Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:48 AM
letting your transmission go without an oil or filter change for 100,000 miles is crazy... and THATS whats damages the seals...

basically if it hasnt been changed by then, you;ve already neglected maintainence and have already worn the seals from excess heat and old oil

fluid should be changed around every 24-30K and the filter.

http://www.niehoff.com/techtips/trans.html

most people constantly have tranny fluid in the 200+ range

our operating range is 175-195

Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:27 AM
if the trans fluid has never been changed at 100K then dont change it now, your dad is right its to late and it will most likley start leaking after the change

as event said the damage has already been done

Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:42 AM
Well he didn't really specify if it's been done before or not. If it's gone 100k without a transmission fluid change, then buy a new transmission, drive this one til it breaks, then install the new one :-) If it has been done reguarly then ignore him. Not changing the fluid to save your seals is pointless.
Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:41 PM
It's had regular fulid changes until 100K.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search