dropping a transmission - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dropping a transmission
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:52 AM
ok, i need some major help dropping my transmission. Its an isuzu 5spd. I can't get the left axle all the way out and the intermediate shaft out at all. Any help, maybe a how to with pictures would be awesome. Thanks.

Re: dropping a transmission
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:52 PM
listening....

J~
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:06 PM
they should just pop out, when i did mine (granted it was on the getrag, i had to remove the wheel spindle assembly with the axle to get it all out

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:43 PM
ok, so I got a lil help at work today. I talked to a mechanic I work with at Murray's. You do have to pull the steering knuckle off of the a-arm. IF you are having trouble getting the bolts to come off the ball joints (like i am), put a jack under the a-arm to put weight on the ball joint, It will come off. then pop the tie-rods off. pull the axle out of the spindle, then out of the tranny. Repeat for other side, then pull the intermediate shaft out of the tranny. Undo all the bolts and it comes down. I haven't tried this yet, but I will try it tomorrow morning. O yea, you can just hit the ball joints and tie-rods with a hammer to get em out. I'll get back to you guys tomorrow if it works.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search