5-speed problem in ecotec - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5-speed problem in ecotec
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:47 PM
I have a 2002 Olds Alero with an ecotec 2.2 and a five speed manual transmission.
I have replaced the stock shifter with a b&m short throw shifter. I have had it in my car for a few months now with no problems.
Now recently my car will jump out of second gear under very moderate acceleration. I have no other problems with shifting into any other gear.
The only things i can think of is that I either adjusted the shifter linkage wrong, or there is a problem with the transmission internals, like the syncs, or forks? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 5-speed problem in ecotec
Thursday, June 02, 2005 4:57 PM
It did that on my 97, but only when i downshifted into it. To stop it, i double clutched and rev matched. Try adjusting the cables, it could be internal tranny issues though. I wouldn't think it is the cables because you are only having trouble in one gear. Try it adjusting though, its a lot cheaper.

Friday, June 03, 2005 9:15 PM
I though the getrag was supposed to be a GOOD transmission? That was one reason I got a car with one. Did I miss somthing here? Or did i get a bad one in the batch? Somone help me out here, I'm losing faith in my GM.
Saturday, June 04, 2005 7:51 AM
I know I've heard problems about the shift forks in the getrag. The only good fwd manuals gm has are the older muncies and i think the newer f25 is good too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search