Shift Gate? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shift Gate?
Thursday, June 02, 2005 5:57 PM
I was wondering if there is a conversion for the 05 Cavalier to have a shift gate rather then a boot. I think a chromed shift gate would look a lot better then a colored boot, but I can't find anything on it. Do they make anything for that, or is a custom job?

Re: Shift Gate?
Saturday, June 04, 2005 9:59 AM
like the ferrari shifters? That would be a nice touch, but definitely a custom job, i have never seen anything like that before.

Saturday, June 04, 2005 5:58 PM
Well, not exactly like a Ferrari, cause I've seen some other cars have it like the Mazda 3, The Honda prelude, etc. How the hell would I even go about making that...? I'd have to adjust the trans and what not, right...?
Sunday, June 05, 2005 4:12 PM
you just need to figure lout how far the stick has to move to be all the way in gear and make slots for it to move in between all the gears.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 5:47 PM
I think this will be my big project for the summer, lol. I think it'll turn out awesome, specially if I can get it a nice polished silver or metallic blue when done.
Monday, June 06, 2005 7:26 AM
if you make one that looks good, make another and i'll buy one. i wanted to do this for a while, but don't have access to the tools

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, June 06, 2005 11:24 AM
I'll keep that in mind
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:29 PM
I definitely wanna see this if you get it done.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:14 PM
I'm probably going to start on it this week or so. I have all the tools, all I have to do is by a piece of metal that'll look good.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search