short throw shifters - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
short throw shifters
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:02 AM
I know the B&M short throw is probably the best but its also about 120 bucks more than the MK1 short throw on ebay and the cosmo one on ebay. are they really crappy or decent if anyone has tried them.

Re: short throw shifters
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:57 AM
i did a search and found the info i was looking for thanks
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 4:24 PM
Ya mind posting the information ya found? I've been looking into getting a short throw.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 6:18 PM
I know when it came to buying my short throw, I WAS NOT gonna cheap out. To me, it is worth the extra $$ to get the B&M--which you know is a quality piece--and have peace of mind, than to cheap out and take a chance at breaking something.
That's just the way I feel about it though.

And go to Car Customs . he has it for $140 shipped.

Thursday, June 02, 2005 12:05 PM
$140 for a shifter? Damn... Does it really show much difference?
Friday, June 03, 2005 6:36 AM
B&M claims they wont break (expressed by their million mile warranty) they also claim almost anyone can make a knockoff short shifter (which is true if you have the equipment) point being i could go make a short throw and sell it on ebay for the cost of the metal and of course whatever profit i felt i needed...i personally know enough to fill a thimble when it comes to shifters so it may break in a day or it may last forever who knows thats basicly what you're bidding on the chance to get a quality piece or perhaps a piece of junk that can destroy your tranny. 140 for a B&M or 1000 for a new tranny...hmmmm

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search