Ugh, transmission/clutch questions!!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ugh, transmission/clutch questions!!!!
Wednesday, June 08, 2005 7:03 PM
Ok i have a 98 5spd 2200. April 7th I finished installing a new clutch ( no pressureplate, throwoutbearing) So we replaced that. Now about 10 weeks later, im getting a gut feeling something isnt right. Up until about 3 weeks ago i could bark the tires easily. Now the body seems to move a lot and it seems be 'softer' between shifts. I also noticed once in a while lately that I get an odd feeling when I would shift hard into 2nd from 1st. Almost like a grinding but not quite. That seemed to only happen lately once every few days and more commonly lately.
My car had 82k? on it when i replaced it the first time only after about 10k of me driving. So im not sure if it was me who did it or not. But I do have a bad habit of letting the clutch out and and telling the rpms go down coming up to stop lights,etc. (First time clutch went out I put it second around 50 and it went out since then i havent done it that high 35 is probably the highest) Im not sure if its the hot weather, the clutch/transmission, or just me.
Ok worst case scenario, I have get a new clutch,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7978528886&category=33730
is ^ that any good? Ive heard of the SPEC series is good but i dont want to pay that much if i dont have too

Well if that made any sense please give me some help!!!!!!!!!! thanks

Re: Ugh, transmission/clutch questions!!!!
Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:50 AM
Anyone???

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search