NVT550 swap, need some major mount & linkage help! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NVT550 swap, need some major mount & linkage help!
Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:39 AM
hey guys,

its been a while since ive posted on the org since ive been super busy with my project.

Anyway my i went to swap out my isuzu trans with a NVT550 from a 94 grandam with a 2.3 but i can seem to get any of the mounts to line up at all.

Ive mocked up the mounts to the trans and i dont see how either the jbody mounts or the nbody mounts i got are gonna work on these tranny's?

i am stumped.

Does anyone happen to have pics of their trans swap that could help me out?

Also for the linkage, can anyone tell me or post up a pick of which rod goes to what actuator on the trans.

Thx for the help guys.

p.s: the motor is a 97 in a sunfire

the trans is a NVT550 from a 94 grandam

i have mounts from my isuzu trans and mounts from a 92 grand am and i cant seem to get either mounts to work.

ill post up pics if i dont make any sense.

Thanx

Jas

Re: NVT550 swap, need some major mount & linkage help!
Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:59 AM
maybe you'll need the tranny mounts from a 94 grand am and not a 92?

the reason for good sticky tires!
Re: NVT550 swap, need some major mount & linkage help!
Saturday, June 11, 2005 2:38 AM
For the linkage, there's only 2 way it can go, the good one and the wrong one. When you'll plug the cable, check the shifter. If it goes into each gears then you have the good setup.

Get a 94 mount for the tranny. Why didn't you pick it up with the tranny? The 92 still have the Hm 282 mount. Now you're trying to figure out how to put the 2 bolt on top and the side bolt on the tranny right? it won't work. 93 + had the NVT550.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search