What kind of tranny in a 97 2.2? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What kind of tranny in a 97 2.2?
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:21 PM
What kind of tranny is in a 97 2.2 5spd? What kind of max horsepower and torque rating does it have? I am looking to buy a an engine and head from jbodyorganization and I do not exactly have the hp and tq rating for it. I have seen a centerforce clutch for it, what other mods are available for it. I tried looking for a rebuild kit, did not find one. What exaclty is needed to rebuild the tranny. I did it on a 87 Sentra when 5th went out about 10 years ago, 300 for a synchro, 500 for 5th gear and at least 1000 for labor. Everything checks out is it just the labor for tearing it apart and rebuilding.

Re: What kind of tranny in a 97 2.2?
Friday, June 17, 2005 8:43 AM
It's the izuzu transmission.....it doenst really have a "max" hp or tq rating.....as far as rebulding it, i dont know to much about it but id imagine you would be better off with the newer getrag

Friday, June 17, 2005 4:37 PM
I've seen a few posts about these trannies and the weak point has been the differential. Some of the older Isuzus have stronger diff's and there are som limited slip diff's and/or conversions for them. Used the SEARCH button at the top of this forum for more info.

Friday, June 17, 2005 10:39 PM
So I take that the isuzu and the getrag are interchangeable. Either or can bolt up to where the other was without any problems?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search