b&m shifter worth it ? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
b&m shifter worth it ?
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 7:55 PM
has anyone ever had any problems with it . i have a 2001 pontiac sunfire 2.2 2200 4 speed auto . so is it worht it ? if it is i will order that thing tonight cause i always lookin for a cheap way to go faster.

Re: b&m shifter worth it ?
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:00 PM
We have sold about 50 in the last year. Never had any complaints, pretty simple to install. Some say it has improved their track time by .2 sec. We have a lot in stock. www.TurboTechRacing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, June 16, 2005 9:20 AM
I dont know how much time you will gain from it, the nice part is it makes your shifts much better. There is less lag in the time from changing gears. For sure worth it, as for how much you will gain, its hard to say, when you start getting into things such as n2o etc, it can be even more helpful, the less time youare idle between gears, the more time you are in the spray range. ie more power gains.

Setting 1 is comfortable for daily driving, 2 is pretty aggressive, i would normally only use it when trying to get the fast shifts for something.

Bang for your Buck rating: for sure worth it.

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:49 AM
hey i just ordered the b&m shifter from turbo tech . thanks for yall help can't wait to put it on .
Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:01 AM
TWM Performance will be coming out in about 2 months or so with a shifter for the 00-05 gretrag manual trans.

Im suppose to be the lucky winner for this prototype short shifter. Its suppose to be 25% less expensive then B&M.

Ive got to wait approximatly 1 month so I can lend them my car for design.

Best of all its Canadian

www.twmperformance.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:31 PM
elpaso wrote:TWM Performance will be coming out in about 2 months or so with a shifter for the 00-05 gretrag manual trans.

Im suppose to be the lucky winner for this prototype short shifter. Its suppose to be 25% less expensive then B&M.

Best of all its Canadian

www.twmperformance.com

Lets hope its not a direct knock off of the B&M like all the others out there.... because... insted of spending time trying to sell these shifters they will be spending time in court

Thursday, June 16, 2005 2:38 PM
hey karo i was looking for a one peice front end and wondering if u had one . i asked a few days ago and they told me to come to u ..... if u do how does it hook on the car?
Thursday, June 16, 2005 4:21 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:
elpaso wrote:TWM Performance will be coming out in about 2 months or so with a shifter for the 00-05 gretrag manual trans.

Best of all its Canadian

www.twmperformance.com

Lets hope its not a direct knock off of the B&M like all the others out there.... because... insted of spending time trying to sell these shifters they will be spending time in court

Does B&M have a patent on that shifter? Because, I didn’t see one on the package. Just curious form you stating this more then once on the ORG?

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:15 PM
what else could i buy to make my car go faster for bout 200 bucks? i have a catback i know i need header but i might be goin turbo so i don't know yet ... i have weapon r intake upper and lower motor mounts ... just ordered my b&m shifter improver thing . anything else thats good for performance wise ?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search