tranny problem..maybe - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny problem..maybe
Friday, June 17, 2005 12:29 PM
i have a 2000 cavi 2.2L with the stock tranny. My check engine light has been on for some time now and none of the dealers i talked to can figure it out. The computer says "Transmission component Slipping" but i have no noticeable problems. They told me not to worry about it until i have a problem and turned the light off, but it came back on about 4 days later. i don't want to just let it go, if the lights on, somethings wrong and i want it fixed. Anyone have the same problem or know different symptoms to look for? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: tranny problem..maybe
Friday, June 17, 2005 1:42 PM
there is a problem with the trans , something is slipping or the light wouldnt be coming on

the computer measure the input rpm (engine speed) and also measures the output speed of the trans , and when the 2 values are not with in the preset info in the computer something is wrong

id try a different dealer

Friday, June 17, 2005 4:30 PM
Look at you transmission fluid. Is it brownish in color? Does it smell burt?

It may just need a fluid and filter change, but more than likely the clutches(yes automatics do have them) and /or bands are worn and slipping. Changing the fluid and filter would just make it run better for a while, but it would most likely do more harm in the long run.

More than likely any warrenty would have already expired on the car, so a transmission shop would probably give you a better diagnosis. Just find a reputable tranny shop(not AAMCO!) and let them look at the tranny.

Friday, June 17, 2005 10:07 PM
97 I've tried 3 or 4 dealers and they all saud teh same thing. The fluid seems fine so i guess i'll take it to a transmission shop. Thanks for helping
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search