Team Green LSD review - Page 6 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Team Green LSD review
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:13 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:If anyone has a junk auto laying around, and would like to rip it open, and send me the differential, I'd be willing to cut them a deal on a LSD. I just havnt had the time to tear open the automatic, or the space for that matter.

My 99 4spd auto Isuzu is laying in my garage, but I have no Idea how to rip it open and get the differential out

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:15 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:If anyone has a junk auto laying around, and would like to rip it open, and send me the differential, I'd be willing to cut them a deal on a LSD. I just havnt had the time to tear open the automatic, or the space for that matter.

My 99 4spd auto Isuzu is laying in my garage, but I have no Idea how to rip it open and get the differential out

Booo. We need the Eco one. :p

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:02 AM
well.... the auto is NOT an Isuzu made transmission..... only the 95-99 5 speed is (other pre 95 also used Isuzu, but always manuals)...... the 4 speed Auto is a 4t40e.... and its the same for the 2.2/2200/2.4/2.3/Eco..... so if you can get it out, send it to me Its only nuts and bolts

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:16 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:well.... the auto is NOT an Isuzu made transmission..... only the 95-99 5 speed is (other pre 95 also used Isuzu, but always manuals)...... the 4 speed Auto is a 4t40e.... and its the same for the 2.2/2200/2.4/2.3/Eco..... so if you can get it out, send it to me Its only nuts and bolts

Ohh, I did not know the 4spd was only considered the 4t40e and not the isuzu.. Well let me see what I can do then.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:10 AM
4 speed auto = Hydramatic 4T40E
3 speed auto = Hydramatic 3T40

The diffs in the 4T40E's are all the same. The gearing may be different, the bellhousing may be different, the axles may be different lengths (on different cars), but the diff should be the same on all 4T40E's.

Friday, March 03, 2006 11:13 AM
is lsd good if you planning making alot of HP?

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Friday, March 03, 2006 6:26 PM
if you want to put that power to both wheels, I'd have to say yes.

Friday, March 03, 2006 7:10 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:well.... the auto is NOT an Isuzu made transmission..... only the 95-99 5 speed is (other pre 95 also used Isuzu, but always manuals)...... the 4 speed Auto is a 4t40e.... and its the same for the 2.2/2200/2.4/2.3/Eco..... so if you can get it out, send it to me Its only nuts and bolts

Ohh, I did not know the 4spd was only considered the 4t40e and not the isuzu.. Well let me see what I can do then.

Same here. That's good to know.

Monday, March 06, 2006 9:34 AM
I must say brian is the coolest guy.... all tho most of the people at my job thought a drug deal was going down between me and him.. I gotta say thanks to him for many things..... quality of the product really shows. Gotta say thanks to brian for being the First j-bo member i acutally met

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
boost will be soon for me....
Monday, March 06, 2006 10:27 AM
lol...... it was kinda odd....

your welcome, and hit me up when it warms up.... we'll put that LSD, clutch, and flywheel in....

Monday, March 06, 2006 10:28 PM
how much does a LSD cost?

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:26 AM
200+ shipping.... he has adds in the classifieds

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:54 AM
does he gots alot in stock? because it will probley be a long time before I can get a LSD

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:08 PM
Might be a stupid question. An LSD would be very noticable and definately worth it on a slightly modded car right? No problems turning with the insert? Does the insert transfer power more onto one wheel when turning, or keep the same power during?
-Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 12:35 AM
from what brian told me he had 2 units..... the one i bought and one left yet. he also said that hes gotta order more springs so im not sure off hand hes got acutally. but i do know he has one left thats ready to sell unless he sold it all ready... buy it while hes got them 200 dollars isnt a lot if you think about it probably the cheapest internal trans part you can get

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:24 AM
I do have one full unit left, but just ordered more springs tonight. I think that leaves me with 7 units left from this batch. Not sure when I will order the next batch of them, maybe after I get the Auto's blue-printed.....

The LSD inserts does its best to keep both wheels spinning at the same rate, and when turning the inside wheel tries to turn as fast as the outside wheel..... which causes it to squeal a bit..... I know Lenko is driving his car again daily, so maybe he will post more about driveability with it. I'm sure a few others in this post have it installed now, so maybe they will share their likes/dislikes about it. Feed-back builds a better product.

I do have a diff comming to me out of a NVG trans..... so I'll be able to test fit these, or design one that fits..... then its just the Auto's I have left to do.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:17 AM
Can't wait to try it out Brian!

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:43 AM
I don't have any squealing.... but if I take turns too quick in the wet, I start to slide sideways. That's due more to the fact I'm on bald summer tires, horribly worn from bad alignment....!

It's nice being able to spin both tires together... when I do break them loose, that is. The driveablility is quite good. I like it, well worth the money!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:09 PM
so no drivability issues with this? well other than not having wet traction with summer tires? I don't want it to break anything.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:26 PM
Nope. In fact, before the tires went bald (due to bad alignment), I drove the car from Vancouver, BC to the bas last year in Indianapolis, Indiana. That 6,000+ mile trip alone proved the driveability issues were not present...

Mind you... it was probably all those miles with no alignment that killed the tires.... not the burnouts

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:39 PM
That's what i wanted to hear. How would I go about getting one of these, Brian? I realize a lot of people on here want one. Is there a list I need to be put on? I'm very interested.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:55 AM
First step, send me an email...... I have one that can ship by friday, if I recieve payment by then.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:15 AM
I will be sure to post a review once i get mine installed.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:52 AM
havnt read thru the entire thing, but ive got an ecotec motor and tranny coming to me in a few weeks, tranny is an auto. not sure wich year it is but was told the motor only has 16,000 miles on it so it shouldnt be to old. you still needing the differential out of the tranny to do one for the auto? im looking to beef the motor up before i install it so want to take care of the tranny as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:26 PM
you have the 4t40e..... same for all years.... and yep, still need one to borrow.

I just recieved more springs..... so I'm back up to 8 units on the shelf.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search