getrag HP??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getrag HP???
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:13 PM
how much HP can the getrag trany on a 2002 Z-24 w/ecotec take
thanks
Joe

I'd rather push a CHEVY than drive a Honda

Re: getrag HP???
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:33 AM
there's two eco's on this site making 12 and 11 second passes. with that kind of power though, you'd probably eat a stock clutch. look up Team Vision Racing (Hypsy), and SunCavi.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:07 PM
2002 Z-24 w/ ecotec?

Is that even possible?

I thought the z deuce was a 2.4L Twin Cam....

Freakin morons.... When will they learn. Hold On Not Done Accelerating
Sunday, September 10, 2006 3:11 PM
the Canadian Z's had Eco's, starting in '02 IIRC.

Desert Tuners

Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:00 PM
FReQ Z wrote:there's two eco's on this site making 12 and 11 second passes. with that kind of power though, you'd probably eat a stock clutch. look up Team Vision Racing (Hypsy), and SunCavi.

The whole drivetrain can take the power we've been throwing at it, but for limited amounts of time. If you don't abuse the clutch you can make that last a long time too.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:02 PM
Hahaha, I dont think a stock clutch would last very long on 11-12 second quarter mile passes!
Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:41 PM
Fst Cavy wrote:Hahaha, I dont think a stock clutch would last very long on 11-12 second quarter mile passes!

Yeah your right....I didn't make 43 12 second passes on mine. Nope. Not at all. Oh and I didn't make over 150 13 seconds passes on mine either.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:49 PM
wow Hypsy... I didn't think it would. learn something new everyday.
thanks for the info.

Desert Tuners

Monday, September 11, 2006 7:32 AM
FReQ Z wrote:wow Hypsy... I didn't think it would. learn something new everyday.
thanks for the info.

It WILL hold but you gotta be nice to it. It's real easy to slip the clutch on the launch and hurt it.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:31 AM
Is there any way to build these tranny's stronger. I'm having trouble with mine.
Monday, September 11, 2006 7:34 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:
FReQ Z wrote:wow Hypsy... I didn't think it would. learn something new everyday.
thanks for the info.

It WILL hold but you gotta be nice to it. It's real easy to slip the clutch on the launch and hurt it.

I was assuming that if your running a 11 or 12 second quarter mile pass, you arent being too nice to the clutch. Obviously if your nice to a clutch anyhting will hold. You can get the stock clutch to hold onto any amount of power until it plain and simple isnt strong enough to hold and will slip if you just get on the throttle if you are nice to it, but off the line the stock clutch wont last too long if your trying to pull low 60 foot times. Its plain and simple, you arent intelligent if you think you cna make a racecar out of a stock clutch, this is a retarded argument.

Monday, September 11, 2006 8:06 PM
Fst Cavy wrote:
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:
thanks for the info.

I was assuming that if your running a 11 or 12 second quarter mile pass, you arent being too nice to the clutch. Obviously if your nice to a clutch anyhting will hold. You can get the stock clutch to hold onto any amount of power until it plain and simple isnt strong enough to hold and will slip if you just get on the throttle if you are nice to it, but off the line the stock clutch wont last too long if your trying to pull low 60 foot times. Its plain and simple, you arent intelligent if you think you cna make a racecar out of a stock clutch, this is a retarded argument.

The stock clutch is more stout than you think. I was pulling 1.8-2.2 60fts on it for almost 2 years. If you just don't slip it like crazy off the line you won't be doing damage to it. Feather the gas instead of the clutch, Jump off the clutch instead of slipping it out, Get on and off the clutch in a hurry when shifting. Things like that can really help the clutch survive. If I can find my stock one I'll take a picture and show you just how little damage it has. There was just minor signs of slipping along the outer edges. Nothing in the middle or inside edges.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:11 AM
my clutch showed very little wear @ 50k miles....... that was with ALOT of track time....... 13's and 12 sec. passes. And from what I can see, they guy wasnt asking if he can make a race car out of his w/ his stock clutch....... was just asking how much abuse it can take.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search