How do you diagnose a slave cylinder? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How do you diagnose a slave cylinder?
Friday, March 16, 2007 2:08 PM
I have to bleed my clutch about every second day for me to be able to drive my car. I know it's leaking a little, but it's mostly just loosing pressure. When I am under the car sometimes I can find a drip or two of clutch fluid, but sometimes none. Either way, I lose pressure in my clutch pedal, and have to try and rev match to shift. My clutch feels great after I bleed it, and the friction disk isn't slipping at any speed.

I was wondering if this was my slave cylinder that was leaking, or I have read a few posts about leaking lines. What could cause this? Also, if it is the slave cylinder, is that something that I have to drop the tranny for?

Re: How do you diagnose a slave cylinder?
Friday, March 16, 2007 2:16 PM
Where exactly under the car are you getting leaking from?

FU Tuning

Friday, March 16, 2007 2:16 PM
Also forgot to mention that it shifts great once it's bled, shifts great when the car is off. So it's not a linkage problem. Also forgot to mention it's a 95 2.2
Friday, March 16, 2007 7:10 PM
sounds like it is the slave cylinder

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
do you ever notice that the ones who talk the loudest have the least to talk about?
Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:21 PM
check the master cylinder as well.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:41 PM
When I see a leak it is just a little drip off the bottom of the bell houseing. But it also looks like the whole hose under my reservoir is damp.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search