standard tranny and automatic wire harness - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
standard tranny and automatic wire harness
Monday, February 11, 2008 5:17 PM
Ok just to make sure.

I have a 2000 cavalier that was brought to me to fix. The guy has a wire harness for an automatic tranny and the car is a standard. so the car won't start. Now I am almost certain that he needs to get the standard harness to get it running.

Let me know.

thanks

Re: standard tranny and automatic wire harness
Monday, February 11, 2008 7:21 PM
Wow, i don't even know where to start with that. Your going to need to figure out a way to hook up the Clutch start safety switch. Obviously its on the inside of the car in a manual, on that engine harness its mounted on the transmission and the wiring for it is ran through the engine harness. You could get it to work, but there is soo much re-wiring involved its not even funny. Is the ECU even for a manual or automatic?

Monday, February 11, 2008 7:26 PM
Depending on what ECU the car has will depend on what is needed. If it is a auto ECU then it is pretty easy fix.

FU Tuning

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:24 PM
either way, easy fix...... You need to butT connect the large purple wire to the large yellow wire on the Trans Gear Selector plug (was located on top of the auto trans, near the gear selector.) If it still has a auto trans flash in the ECU, its going to run like crap, and probably die........ but it will start.

You dont need a 'manual' engine harness....... or a 'manual' interior harness. If you want to wire in a clutch safety switch, extend those purple and yellow wires, and wire it to the switch instead of butt connecting them (hint.... the manual cars have a purple and yellow wire connected to that switch!) About a 15 min job, and thats giving you time to find the wires, and install the switch.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 5:41 AM
ok so it's a manual computer.

SpeedRacerZ:

so take the yellow and purple wire from the automatic tranny wire harness that WOULD plug into the tranny connection and run those inside and connect to a clutch saftey switch? and that should work?

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:41 AM
im doing and eco swap in my car right now and this is the only thing holding me up is i have an auto harness for a 5 speed car and trans. been looking for this stuff for days and finally found it. now when you say these wires are in the switch? do you mean in the ignition swtich or what? i'll take a look at it today when we get ready to finish up my car but if ya could let me know id appreciate it.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:02 AM
does anyone have any pictures of these wires?
all i have is a solid purple wire coming off the starter and a purple with white stripe. both thicker than the green pink and black smaller wires..
any help appreciated

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search