BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380 - Page 8 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380
Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:08 PM
From what I understand the wires are the same colors. You need to attach the black wire from the kit to the light blue/white stripe wire, the red wire from the kit goes to the red wire/black stripe (there should be 2 of these, one with a thin black stripe and one with a thick black stripe, you want the one with the thick black stripe). Get it and enjoy.

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:49 PM
yeah i spent like a half an hour looking at the wires, i dont have a red wire in there

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:54 PM

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 3:33 PM
i was thinking about about buying the b&m shift kit but i was wondering how many miles you guys had on your cars and still used it becuase i didnt no if it was a good idea to use it if you had alot of miles on your tranny ?
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:08 PM
yeah mine doesnt look like that Cinny i wish it did cuz i wanna play with the shiftplus! idk about you guys but my car moves pretty good already id like to give it a little more of a push though im a speed addict, and when i drive like a normal person, thats when i get in trouble, usualy go 65-70 in a 55 but with my last car was going 55 in a 55 (almost out of gas trying to conserve!) some chic turned infront of me and wrecked my 98 hyundai elantra i <3'd that car (moment of silence) if i had been driving like i normaly do, i would of been past that spot by like 2 minutes so you wont see me drive like that again! speed saves!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:19 PM
will this shift kit hurt your tranny at all if its the original tranny in a 98 cavi with 80,000 miles on it becuase im afraid i will blow it up if i put it on
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:24 PM
I have 115000km on my (about 70000km) on mine, and I've been running it in stage 1 for about........2 years, 1.5 years... not sure. But quite a while without problems.

Only use stage 2 at the strip. It's harsh.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:41 PM
ok thanks so nothing over stage one on the street do you run that all the time like as a daily driver? and is it a big difference like you will realy notice it ?
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:29 PM
Yup, I run it EVERY day.

It's very noticeable, when you drive without it it feels like the car is being sucked back during shifts. When you drive with it, it kicks your car forward (though not violently) into the next gear.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:26 AM
cool and thats the same one that this whole post is about with all the pictures and everything right?
Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:29 AM
Same one, I used this guide too.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:08 PM
this really should be stickied

Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:20 PM
DO NOT GET THE FACE OF THE PLUG WET AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL RUIN YOUR PLUG!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, June 09, 2006 9:51 AM
hey so who here is the one who has the b&m listed for sale on ebay is it new or used becuase i wanna buy it ???
Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:52 AM
if anyone puts this on an 03 cav please let me know

Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:32 AM
We sell this unit @ www.TurboTechRacing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:30 PM
hey guys thanks for the pics and everything the shift plus works good just another question i have had alot of trannys go out and they always shift realy hard and this one shifts pretty hard is that bad or not and also im wondering if i need some tranny mounts because i put it in and later that night my exhaust hanger broke and im wondering if its becuase the tranny is moving around on me i dont no if that it or not by my exhaust was custom mad and is pretty close to the tranny if anyone would like to help me out with a coment let me no i just dont want to ruin a good tranny for a shift kit that cost 35 dollars!! thanks
Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:35 PM
anyone install this on a 2.4 z mine should be at my house any day now and i cant wait ot put it in i was just wondering if anyone has dont it who would happen to have pictures of the install. if so post them on here for me or email them to me. thanks
Monday, June 19, 2006 9:24 AM
can you read the topic name??? go to page 1...

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of drugs
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:15 PM
so yeah i put it in and i notice no difference i think this weekend im going to rewire it and se if maybe i have a bad connection. did anybody use the connectors that came with the kit and if so what were the results cause im not so sure about them.
Saturday, June 24, 2006 5:42 PM
i just got mine on, im stupid btw cuz i was looking at all this wrong, (noob i admit it) well i got it on now, and i took it for a ride. OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG holy @!#$ <-- censored i know now i can chirp into second, and i can smoke BOTH of my tires when before i could only get a little smoke from the passenger. amazing price for such a noticable improvement EVERY ONE SHOULD BUY THIS for the 45$ i paid im an extremely satisfied customer im in love, and no check engine on the second setting <3

Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:54 AM
Chris you wired it wrong. Make sure that you connected to the right wires on the plug to the transmission, also the connectors that come with it suck, solder them in and then use the heat shrink wrap for them.
Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:26 PM
Any problems to report on the 2004 Cavalier with the install...

1. Are the wires the same?

2. Transmission should be the same?

3. Problems I may incounter?

Thanks for the help...

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Monday, July 10, 2006 12:23 PM
just put it on the gf's car, most time consuming part of the install was figuring out where to mount the controller otherwise totally plug and play which is good and the gf is super happy with it

Friday, August 04, 2006 2:22 PM
ok i have the 2.4. now what all am i going to have to tear apart to get this from the inside of my car to the engine. will i have to take off the dash or anything? and once its there i just splice some wires and its done? post pictures if you have any, because all the pictures have been deleted and stuff. thanks. as soon as i get the answer, im adding it to my car at turbo tech.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search