installed b&m shift plus now ets off light wont go off - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
installed b&m shift plus now ets off light wont go off
Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:38 PM
i have a 99 2.4 just installed the shift plus works great but after a few minutes of driving the ets off light comes on on either setting. it dosent come on when the shift plus is off. suggestions?

Re: installed b&m shift plus now ets off light wont go off
Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:51 PM
anyone?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:58 AM
I'm pretty sure that's what happens. You increase the line pressure with the Shift Plus, then the ETS system shuts off.

Did the same thing with my Autotrans Interceptor when I increased the line pressure over a certain amount. Of course... the Autotrans was adjustable (unlike the Shiftplus...)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:07 AM
yep, all the 4T40E's ETS, light off, light comes on with the shiftplus turned on.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:49 AM
thanks guys
Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:41 AM
i had the same problem all i did with mine is to shift my car for itself by going thrue the gears as i drove it fixed the problem for me dont know if it will work for you i drive a 2.2 1999 cavalier auto
Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:42 PM
mine never did this.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:30 PM
back from the dead, just installed shiftplus on my 99 sfgt, when i put it in stage 1 it works really good for a while and shifts feel quicker and firmer and life is good. but after driving for a while my ets light comes on and then the car will start shifting whiplash hard? turn the car off and turn shiftplus off and everything returns to normal

any help would be appreciated
Saturday, June 02, 2012 2:03 PM
Stage 1 is tolerable for daily driving, stage 2 is very firm and is better for use on the track or when you are playing around. IIRC you do have to shut the car off to go back to normal.

Monday, June 04, 2012 12:41 PM
OhForKavy (WhiteKnightro) wrote:Stage 1 is tolerable for daily driving, stage 2 is very firm and is better for use on the track or when you are playing around. IIRC you do have to shut the car off to go back to normal.

correct

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:24 PM
thats not what im asking i know that, what im saying is in stage 1, it shifts firm for a while and then all of a sudden the ets light comes on and it shifts LIKE its in stage 2, even though its still in stage 1?

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:45 AM
Gotcha. Well, in that case I would re-check your wiring, that is really the only think I can think of. It's been a while since I have messed with them at all. I never really had any issues with that, mine worked pretty well in stage 1 and was pretty consistent.

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:51 AM
You might be low on fluid....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, June 25, 2012 10:03 AM
Also, this may be a long shot, but check your IAT senor on your intake, I know this can cause hard shifting, could be in conjunction with the shift kit. Just a thought.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:19 AM
thanks for the input guys, fluid level was fine, so i said f it and toook the shiftplus out and sold it to a friend, car is back to normal now (ets light never comes on anymore, shifts like factory) so idk haha i did notice before i took it out that the light/hard shifting usually came on after anyhting more then about 40% throttle and then would stay on until i shut the car off. thannks for the help anyways
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search