Need clutch help. Losing my mind. - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need clutch help. Losing my mind.
Monday, February 01, 2010 12:38 PM
I just swapped trannys in my 99 Z24 and while I had the trans out I resorfaced the flywheel and put in a brand new Clutch Masters stage 1 Clutch kit. The problem Im having is that no matter how much I bleed the clutch I cant get more than half a pedal of pressure and it kinda rough on take offs. The was one coming from the connection by the bleeder where the line from the master cylinder goes into the slave cylinder. I fixed that and it got alittle better but its still not right and I dont know what else to do. Thanks for any help.

Re: Need clutch help. Losing my mind.
Monday, February 01, 2010 2:08 PM
If you are absolutely sure you got all the air out, I would try replacing the clutch master cylinder.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Monday, February 01, 2010 8:11 PM
Ive literally bleed it 20 times or more so I dont see how any air could be in there at all. Ive considered swapping the master cylinder but it worked just fine before its just now all of a sudden nothing wants to work. I was alittle skeptical about the slave cylinder when I put it in cause it didnt seem to lock into place or anything but this is my first time with a hydraulic clutch so Idk.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 8:20 AM
get a vacume bleeder it will help i have had to do manual bleed and vac to get pedals up

see ya!

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 2:15 PM
novaracer wrote:get a vacume bleeder it will help i have had to do manual bleed and vac to get pedals up

This is what my boss keeps tellin me to do lol I guess thats the next step then.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search