Clutch Masters/Bully Stg 4 break in period? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Masters/Bully Stg 4 break in period?
Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:30 AM
My Spec Stg3 is slipping,need to replace it but I'm right in the middle of dialing in my final tune so I really don't want to have to put 500mi. on a clutch just to get the break in. Anyone know the break in on the Stg 4 from Bully or Clutch Masters?

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"

Re: Clutch Masters/Bully Stg 4 break in period?
Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:22 PM
just going off of all the clutches ive done, ive seen minimum 500 miles. hate to say it and i know its not what you are looking for but its either you break it in right or you are replacing it a lot sooner than you should. besides with a car like that... how can you not drive the hell out of it gorgeous car and loving the power it makes.

Saturday, May 29, 2010 9:36 PM
sorry john, its about 500 miles or 1000km of city driving for bully clutches break in but that also depends on the friction material on your clutch disk as well.

for my bully stage 4 that i got it was 1000km and this time cause their old setup which i had got destroyed 1st time at the track due to being of old design and now they said its the same 1000km for this ceramic friction material that they have since changed too

Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:54 AM
Thanks. I found this on the CM website after some digging
Quote:

Break-in procedure for the FX400, FX500, and FX700 (race applications):
The race applications come with a ceramic button style disc or iron disc, these clutches are meant to take a lot of abuse and require little to no break-in period. If possible, a break-in period of a couple hundred miles can greatly extend the life of the clutch.

I'll call Fetter later and talk to him,I know he's running the FX700 twin disk...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Sunday, May 30, 2010 7:37 AM
lol thats the same thing i read so mine was install, drive up and down the street, put it on the trailer, go to kc and make 3 passes on slicks...lol

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Sunday, May 30, 2010 12:30 PM
It all comes to who you talk to. I know V8 people who say the clutch is broken in by the time you get to the first straight to get on it. They get normal life span on the clutches.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:43 AM
Well we installed the bully stg 4, drove the car to dayton (approx 200 miles), slapped it on the dyno and a couple runs later we were above 400 hp...

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 6:04 PM
i drove 500kms city and drove 400kms hwy on my bully stage 4! which is the greatest thing ever!!!!
Friday, June 11, 2010 11:24 AM
I babied my Bully stage 4 for about 400-500km. After that, I let the car have it and it loved every second of it.

Monday, June 14, 2010 4:09 PM
he he he he

same idea diff stuff . . . i had a NEW spec stage 4 clutch/pressure plate and NEW spec alum flywheel. installed it bleed the lines, up and down the street a few times and onto the trailer, made my first pass with about 5 miles on it, . . . . it was my best 60' time for a long time (think 1.93) the thing looked great, but i do only drive it hard and let it cool soo yea im a bit different

-Ben
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search