Automatic tranny ? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Automatic tranny ?
Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:46 PM
Just got the motor and tranny put back in a 98 cavy after an extensive rebuilding of the 2.2 4 popper and it sounds great. The problem im having now is, is when i put it in drive, and give it some gas, it wants to take off but after a short distance it starts slip and i need to give it more gas to make the car move. The tranny is a 4 speed auto, which seemed to work ok when i got the car, had it 2 day before my 19yr old got it for his (Xmass gift) last year. He ran the car for a week before he wrecked it, and we had it towed home. Pulled the motor and tranny, did what i had to do, and put them back in, but did'nt get very far on the test drive.

While the tranny was out of the car, changed the filter, and gasket, and seals, but did'nt smell like it was burnt to me, so it went back in. But when i take the oil filler cap off, it smells burnt with the new fluid. I cant figure it out because i let the car sit a while, and it will do the same thing, act like it wants to take off, when i first put it in gear, but then it need more gas to get it to move. I guess its on its way out, ? is what's it cost to rebuild one of thiese 4 speed automatic tranny's, plus im not even sure which tranny i have, could it be the 3T40 by chance?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search