Front Getrag Measurments (TTr) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Front Getrag Measurments (TTr)
Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:05 PM
I need to kno what the dimensions for the front Getrag mount are. I just finished welding in the rear and I need to know even what the distance is between the two.

Please help ASAP.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: Front Getrag Measurments (TTr)
Thursday, June 02, 2011 6:14 PM
Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:37 PM
Distance from the front face of the rear mount to the hole of the front mount is 17". To the front of the mount comes out to 18 1/4" This is on my car with a ttr front welded into it also.

Friday, June 03, 2011 5:25 AM
Thanks man.

I got a little more than that, I got around 17.5 from the outside of the rear mount to the mounting hole in the front mount.

Tinkles and I found out its about 1/8-3/16 away from the groove on the frame in the front.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Friday, June 03, 2011 8:47 AM
We always just put the motor and trans in the car connect to rear mount and motor mounts and then mock it from there. Tack it pull everything out and finish.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:52 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:We always just put the motor and trans in the car connect to rear mount and motor mounts and then mock it from there. Tack it pull everything out and finish.

Yup, that is what we do here too. That way spacing is 100% correct.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 11:53 AM
I did that exact same thing.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:56 PM
OEM wrote:Thanks man.

I got a little more than that, I got around 17.5 from the outside of the rear mount to the mounting hole in the front mount.

Tinkles and I found out its about 1/8-3/16 away from the groove on the frame in the front.

Mark

Makes sense it could be .5" difference either way because the rear mount isnt a snug fit around the bushing, the sleeve can slide inside it enough to make up for slight differences in the front mount location.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:22 PM
I hope it works for him.....

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:55 PM
i like that idea...i got my motor and tran out this wkend and am doing the getrag swap.....(donor car is sittin in my driveway with 38kmiles.....)jst need good ole cash flow!lol!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search