blocked 4th gear? how do you block off gears???? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blocked 4th gear? how do you block off gears????
Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:23 PM
ok i have a 99 sunfire gt with a 2.4 5 speed and just had to put in a tranny. every other gear is perfect with smooth transactions between shifts but it will not move into the 4th gear position, i know the previous owner used it for racing and mentioned something about blocking a gear. anyone know how this can be done? and if so how do i fix it, ( and its a isuzu)

Re: blocked 4th gear? how do you block off gears????
Monday, June 20, 2011 1:53 PM
bump
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:40 PM
If I was to do such a ridiculous modification, I would put a bar under the console to keep the actual shifter from going into fourth. I really have no idea why someone would do that that though.
Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:55 AM
really only one reply???????????

no one has any input on this at all but one person??????????
Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:04 PM
probably because no one has had the need to do such a ridiculous thing.
Why don't you just go look at your shift cable connections and see if there is anything out of the ordinary, we can't diagnose everything over a forum, let alone something none of us have probably done.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:38 PM
Checked you cables, but if that is not the case... YOU GOT SCREWED!!! More than likely, you will have to open your trans and find 4th gear thrashed. I doubt he "blocked" 4th gear. I see no benefit for getting rid of 4th... especially for racing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search