my tranny has a hole in it but still works - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my tranny has a hole in it but still works
Sunday, July 03, 2011 10:52 AM
i have about a 4 cm in dia hole were the speed sensor is . all gears work , no noises . i had bad bearing in the diff an i think it made the case crack . i wonder if i fixed the hole if i could get the tranny fixed as i cant find anymore like it

Re: my tranny has a hole in it but still works
Sunday, July 03, 2011 11:13 AM
Something put that hole there. It didn't just appear. Same with my s10. Got a hole in it. Still drives.

Sunday, July 03, 2011 12:25 PM
ya i know sumthin musta hit it maybe the pin came out an got pushed bac in lookin threw the hole it all looks fine before it broke u could grab the axles were the go in the tranny an move them around a bit
Monday, July 04, 2011 3:24 PM
new brunswick nj?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:52 AM
its supposed to be new brunswick canada lol im gonna get sum pics of it within the next couple days my driveway has 3 z24s in it right now that i gota rip apart an another question that has nuthin to do with my tranny but i just picked up a first gen z24 for junk but its complete 2.8 5speep lots of good parts left on it
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:54 PM
nathan smearer wrote:its supposed to be new brunswick canada lol im gonna get sum pics of it within the next couple days my driveway has 3 z24s in it right now that i gota rip apart an another question that has nuthin to do with my tranny but i just picked up a first gen z24 for junk but its complete 2.8 5speep lots of good parts left on it

you were right on the junk part of that statement. that 2.8 put out (rougly) the same power as a stock 2.2.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, July 15, 2011 12:44 AM
Here ya go, mine had a hole in it too, then this happend about a month later

I drive like an A-hole though. think this one is due to a lack of maintence, first gear has been slipping for a while now. knoticed the car was starting to leak a little bit of fluid, then one day when i was on my way home i heard a snap and then a pop, looked in the rear view and saw white smoke. i knew i would be walking soon. It was a trooper though, managed to drive it about 5 more miles to my buddys house before it finnaly started to run dry and slip. Ended up with a smoke screen and the cops following me. They where cool about it though. pulled over and shut it off and told them what was up and everything and they let me go. Had one for a pace car and one following me all the way to his house.

1999 Sunfire GT Convertible.
Nothing special to anyone but me.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search